Highlighted
Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

BOSE 700 subwoofer making popping sounds

My Bose 700 sub woofer makes popping sounds when some shows are playing.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: BOSE 700 subwoofer making popping sounds

Hello Guy495.

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with the Bass Module 700. In most cases, this popping sound can be due to some interference. Do you have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable to hand? If you connect the Bass Module to the Soundbar via this method, if the popping stops, then we will know that it is due to wireless interference.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

MooreDynamic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I would like to see if this works, I have similer issues but I am thinking its cuz I have the bass turned up too high maybe?  Also my woofer is between two desks, is this ok?bose.jpg

Hello MooreDynamic,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I personally would not advise situating your Bass Module where it is. Being surround by flat surfaces, you could experience some distortion.

Additionally, I can see that you have your router directly next to the Bass Module. This could be a key factor for interference which could be causing the popping noise that you are experiencing.

Please try with the interconnect cable and let me know if there is an improvement.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: BOSE 700 sub woofer making popping sounds

Had same issue and someone suggested that there may be interference from another wireless device.  I connected the sub woofer with a cable and eliminated the popping sounds.

MooreDynamic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Re: BOSE 700 sub woofer making popping sounds

So I can hook the woofer up with the cable and leave it that way and leave it in its location, this room set up is strange so I don't know the best place for the woofer, the sound bar is in the corner and the rear surroundroom.jpg speakers are just along the sides lol