Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

BOSE Soundtouch keeps cutting out

I have the problem a lot of people seem to have:

(1) Soundtouch 10 in bedroom

(2) Soundtouch 30 in kitchen

(3) in an apartment with rooms all on the same level

using bluetooth and primarily tuned to YouTube, one or other or both speakers constantly cut-out. 

4 REPLIES 4
Roni27
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Re: BOSE Soundtouch keeps cutting out

Yes, I have been facing this issue since last week. Hopefully, someone will post a solution here 

Vicky_W

Hey Guys, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Let's get this resolved for you both.@Roni27, do you have the same speakers as in the original post? If so, let's try: 

Updating the SoundTouch 10 here.

Updating the SoundTouch 30 here. 

Factory resetting the SoundTouch 10 here.

Factory resetting the SoundTouch 30 here

Once you have completed these steps, please try and group using the SoundTouch app again and let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
alistmck
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I followed the instructions. I also have checked the Wi-Fi and speed which is 12 and 12. I am listening now to You Tube and its very patchy, fading in and out, some crackling ... then a period where it is normal. 

Keith_L

Hi alistmck,

Thanks for the update!

Is it only cutting out when you are using both speakers together? If you were to play your music to each one separately would you still get the same behavior?

If it is only happening when the speakers are grouped, this most often caused by a setting in your router stopping the speakers communicating correctly. In my experience, this can be easily fixed by accessing your router settings.

I'll post our list of recommended settings below, so if you are confident changing these settings you can do so yourself. However, you can also reach out to your local support team who can go through this with you if you would prefer! You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Recommended router settings for SoundTouch™ compatibility

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!