Heber214
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Bass 700 Connectivity Issues

Just bought my set of Soundbar and Bass 700 series. Set up was pretty simple but, shortly after setting everything up (and calibrating), I put a movie on and to my nasty surprise.... the bass module keeps going on and off. It sounds like it loses connectivity and then at the time of connecting again, it thrashes the speaker. This system costs way too **bleep** much to have the speaker blow out. Please help out before this sub blows! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bass 700 Connectivity Issues

Hello Heber214, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Community. Welcome to the site!

I am sorry to hear you are having connectivity issues with your Bass Module 700. 

Can you please confirm the following: 

- Have you tried a general power cycle by unplugging the system from power for a few minutes? 

- Have you tried to re-pair the Bass Module 700 to the soundbar? This can be done via the Bose Music app's accessory settings page. 

- Can you describe how the Bass Module 700 is placed in the room? Sources of interference such as an Internet router between the Soundbar 700 and the Bass Module 700 can have a negative impact on performance as they both use the same frequency to distribute signals. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Highlighted
Heber214
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Jeff, 

I’ve tried all of the above..

Router wise, it’s located behind my tv hanging on the wall. Right above of the Soundbar since my Soundbar is right under the tv. The Bass Module is located no more than 10’ straight ahead of the Soundbar. 

Hi there @Heber214 and thanks for getting back in touch!

I'm sorry to hear that your issue persists despite the troubleshooting provided above.

I have a few further questions to ask to find out exactly what's happening for you!

1) Using a 3.5mm-->3.5mm AUX cable to connect the bass module directly to the soundbar, do you experience the same issue? If you don't have this sort of cable, you may be able to get one from us directly, depending on your country/region. You can reach support by clicking here, selecting your local country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

2) Do you have the surround speakers in this setup? If so, do you experience the same issue with these speakers as you do with the bass module?

3) Do you experience this issue with the bass from all sources (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, TV etc) or just from one? If this is just from one source, which source is this, and what audio format is that source trying to output at?

I look forward to hearing back from you 😊!

Liam W