Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankur Anand
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Bass Module 500 not connecting with SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

6 REPLIES 6
Ankur Anand
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Re: Bass Module 500 not connecting with SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

I am trying to connect my Bass module 500 with my SoundTouch 300 soundbar but inspite of trying the connection route as explained in set up detail the surround speakers are connecting wirelessly but the bass module is not connecting and a yellow light in stable on the bass module and not turning white as suggested by Bose upon connecting with soundbar.

Liam_G

Hello Ankur, and thank you for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your bass module, I will happily help you. 

The solid amber light states that your bass module is currently in standby mode. If you unplug the bass module from power for 2-3 minutes, plug it back in. You should then see that the bass module showing a blinking amber light, this indicates that it is ready to connect to the soundbar. 

Once you see that then you can follow these steps from the support website here

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ankur Anand
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Dear Liam as advised by you I kept my bass module 500 unplugged from power overnight & tried reconnecting it this morning. Still there was no blinking amber light on bass module 500 & the amber light glowing there was solid & stable. Pls help accordingly as it is still not connecting with soundbar while the rear speakers are easily connecting.

Liam_G

Thank you for trying that Ankur, 

On your bass module, you should have a large, round button to the left of the LED light, press that button for 10-15 seconds. This will place the bass module into the setup mode and will then show the blinking amber light as expected. 

Let me know how you get on with this! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Ankur Anand
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

I tried the solution provided by u but it is still not connecting & the solid amber light continues as before.

Charlotte_G

@Ankur Anand Thanks for trying this! As your bass module does not seem to be going into setup mode, I would have to advise seeking service on the system. In order to do so, please contact local customer support by going to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any further questions.