Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Re: Bass Module 700 Suddenly not Turning-On any more - No Status Lights - Undiscoverable!

Hi Gary,

Sounds like a visit to the technician. Don’t worry it’s a simple fix as far as I remember. Shouldn’t take long.

Unfortunately you could be out of warranty by now. Please let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Shaminda. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

Re: Bass Module 700 Suddenly not Turning-On any more - No Status Lights - Undiscoverable!

Hi Shaminda,

A simple fix is good news but out of warranty is not a good thing😅, especially when it stops working just less than 3 months out of warranty. Paying AUD800 on the bass module for 15 months of usage before it stops working. A little bit disappointing. 😫

I'll update here on how it goes after I call them on Monday. 

Cheers,

Gary

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

hey bro how did you go? did bose resolve your issue? my bass module just died today and unfortunately because i bought this back in 2018 from jbhifi its way over its warranty period. I've messaged bose and jbhifi but due to easter holiday and the lockdown it might take them a while to respond

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

Hey Ashneeldeo,

I bought mine from JBhifi too. 

I recommend giving bose support a call and they can organize it for you.

I gave them a call, and the quickly organized a product pick up from my place at a suitable time. They picked it up and I got it back within 10 working days. Pretty quick and efficient I would say.

The best thing of all, it's a free repair for my case. The only out of pocket expenses are buying a proper box and some bubble wraps to pack it nicely for it to be delivered for repair.

Other than that, it's a good experience.

I hope that helps.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Wow,

thank you everyone. this is forum is very helpful. bought mine and in just over 8months the bass module seems to have packed in.  sits in a position in my living room where no one ever touches.

I bought it in USA and am using it in Nigeria.  please what are my options?

Do I just get the circuit board with relevant upgrade shipped to me here in Nigeria?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

not long ago i had this issue. luckily few days ago i took my bass module to jbhifi and got a brand new replacement on the spot. Even the salesperson was surprised because he said you were out of the warranty period by 18months. I tried calling bose repair centre before all this but their call centre was closed and no one responded through their social media pages so i decided to go directly to the retailer. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Folks,

I’ve landed up with the same situation where the 700 bass module has suddenly died on me without notice and the sound bar is not connecting to my smart TV. I bought mine too from JB Hi Fi a while ago and is certainly out of warranty.

Wonder where the Bose service centre is in Western Sydney? Very annoying.

Highlighted

Hello Maxdaman, 

I am sorry that this has happened. 

If you have tried all troubleshooting to no avail, you will need to reach out to your local support team. You can do this here

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Bose 700 acoustimass subwoofer not powering on

• Hello,

Since this morning my Bose acoustimass subwoofer is not powering on. Tried changing the plug point and also the power cord but still it didn't resolve the issue. There is no status indicator and it is not getting detected on Bose app. Tried calling 8002673, bose help desk  number but it keeps on hold for more than 30 mins all the time waiting for the agents to respond. I'm living in UAE and don't know who would be able to help here.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Bass Module 700 Suddenly not Turning-On any more - No Status Lights - Undiscoverable!

Same thing here. Why does Bose products has so many problems and not user freindly? Did you get your bass unit to work again? I bought my soundbar adn bass 700 new last year. Puts my off buying Bose in the future