sumanreddi
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

Bass module 500 will not pair with st300

I just bought a new ST300 with bass module 500.  I am not able to pair the 2.  Bass module always shows a solid amber light, and when i press the button at the back, it changes to a blinking white light and then reverts to solid amber.   The soundbar itself works fine but without the bass module. I have tried to reset to factory defaults , power cycle reset (remove the power cable and then restart), but none have worked.

Can you please help ?

PS : Note, when i connect the bass by wire to soundbar, it works.  Just the wireless part doesnt.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
mickyd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Re: Bass module 500 will not pair with st300

What happened to your responses? I wanted to update anyone with this problem, and the great service so far..

Ah, I see you have completely rewritten my original message and removed the fix, I guess this post will vanish as well, poor PR imo, but great service so far and very easy to arrange a return.

Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with pairing your Bass Module 500 to your SoundTouch 300. We would love to assist you with this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to perform some troubleshooting, these were great first steps to perform. These results would make me believe that there is in fact an issue with your WiFi connection between the speakers. 

Can you firstly attempt in rebooting your router to see if this provides any positive results?

Do let us know! 

@mickyd we are glad that you were able to arrange a return of your speaker. I am sorry that you have been left somewhat disappointed with responses and moderation of your thread. If you would like to discuss the support that has been provided to you, please reach out to @Community_Admin and we will do what we can to get this resolved. 

Kind regards

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
mickyd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. The 'moderation' of my message made it so that no fault lay with Bose, when I was so happy to have a super speedy response (and I did find one other user with the same issue that required a RTB.)

Yes, I did take a step backwards during the testing but this was always going to happen when expanding my system.

The speed with which this was dealt with has been exceptional, and as a network engineer, I have called many help desks (HP on their enterprise products it the only one to come near!)

I digress, After making the phone call the next day, only one 'option' selected and I am talking to an employee. Not only that but an employee skilled enough to understand the problem but also able to start a RTB based on warranty record. Total call time <10 min

He looked at this thread and was satisfied.

Yesterday I received all the required packaging from UPS and turned it around back to you same day. Now the clock starts on Monday when it is due to arrive.

Cheers,

MickyD

Highlighted
sumanreddi
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

hi

i tried to reset wifi and tried to pair, however it still does not work.  can you please help?  its been more than a week and i am still unable to connect via wireless.  its frustrating.  

thanks

Suman

Highlighted
mickyd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Hi, I think you will need to contact Bose support as I did. Point them at this thread and you should get options for a fix (or you might be able to get a replacement by your supplier if this is a recent purchase?) Have the serial # ready when you call. Good Luck.