Jasonrob
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Bluetooth headphones &soundtouch 30

So I have had a soundtouch 30 for a few years but would like to connect my Bluetooth wireless headphones to listen in another room.

I am aware the ST30 is a bluetooth receiver, however i read somewhere that with an after market bluetooth transmitter I could connect this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: Bluetooth headphones &soundtouch 30

Hey @Jasonrob,

I hope your SoundTouch 30 has served you well so far! I cannot advise on third-party transmitters as this isn't intended use for the system.  Also, the SoundTouch 30 doesn't have any ports of which audio can be 'output' into any form of the transmitter. Therefore, it's unlikely this will be possible.

Just to confirm, what wireless headphones are you looking to connect, are they Bose?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jasonrob
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I have a pair of ITx7 headphones. The ST30 has an audio port and also a USB port so there is the potential for the method I talk of. I have seen a post on here yet can't find it now where a Bluetooth transmitter is used to enable the machine to transmit Bluetooth signals

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

The audio port is an aux input (for MP3 player/record player etc) not an output.  The USB is for setup and inspection purposes so will not output audio either.

The only Soundtouch speakers with a headphone/audio out would be the Wave SoundTouch system, so that could be what they were talking about.

The only way I can think of doing what you want to do would be with the SoundTouch wireless link adapter to receive the Soundtouch signal (either direct from wifi sources or from the ST30) and connect a BT transmitter to the output of that (or plug the headphones directly into it).  This adapter also needs power.