Highlighted
Mike Lafountain
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Bose 300/30. Bluetooth pairing will not allow input change

I have Bluetooth connected to my bose speaker. (I have a 300, 30 and two 10's) Works great for playing from my turn table. However. If I change the input to one of the pre sets or aux the system will play for about 20 seconds and then switch back to the Bluetooth. I'm not sure why this is happening. Is there a solution? I would like my speakers to play what I select them to play and not be locked to playing Bluetooth all the time. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose 300/30. Bluetooth pairing will not allow input change

Hi Mike Lafountain, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing this strange issue and would love to assist you further with this. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate answers I have a few questions first so that I can understand your issue a little further: 

• Is the last Bluetooth connection from the speaker still active when switching to Aux? (For example, is the turntable still on when changing to Aux?) 
  • Does this issue happen across all systems? 
  • Have you attempted any troubleshooting so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the questions above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Mike Lafountain
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Is the last Bluetooth connection from the speaker still active when switching to Aux? Yes. I have an Aluratek hifi Bluetooth transmitter/receiver connected to my stereo receiver. This generally stays on. When I use other speakers it will connect when I place in Bluetooth mode and disconnect when I switch those speakers to am/fm or line in.

Does this issue happen across all systems? Yes. I tied on the 300 and 30. Generally I have the 30 connected to Bluetooth and will add speakers which plays great. The turntable will play in sync with all bose speakers connected.
If I try to switch the 30 to another source such as my music library or presets, it will go to the source and then about 20 seconds later return the Bluetooth. I tried running through the 300 when I added to my system and it does the same so I had to clear the Bluetooth on that or it wouldn't play my tv sound. If I try to play one of the other speakers that are grouped in it will do the same unless I remove that speaker from the group.

Have you attempted any troubleshooting so far? Yes. I tried through the 300 with same result. I also tried to group under a different speaker thinking that would determine the source but if I add the 30 to the group then the 30 speaker will end up going to Bluetooth. The rest of the group stays locked on the speaker it was grouped under. If the speaker connected to Bluetooth is the head speaker then all speakers will end up returning to the Bluetooth.
If I try to use the line in/aux on the speaker with the Bluetooth in then the speakers don't sync up when playing. There ends up being a delay to the other speakers.

Is there something I am missing?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. 

Could you please try disabling Bluetooth on your turntable before switching to an alternative source? 

If the speakers are not grouped, does the same happen? For example, if you just have the SoundTouch 30 connected to your turntable, and not grouped, when you switch sources does it revert back to Bluetooth?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Mike Lafountain
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Could you please try disabling Bluetooth on your turntable before switching to an alternative source? 
If the speakers are not grouped, does the same happen? For example, if you just have the SoundTouch 30 connected to your turntable, and not grouped, when you switch sources does it revert back to Bluetooth?

If I disable the Bluetooth then the sources don't switch back. They stay right where I select. If the soundtouch 30 is connected to the Bluetooth but not grouped then the 30 will revert to Bluetooth but ungrouped speakers will stay where I select. If I have the 30 connected and try to use a different speaker as the primary and group in the 30 then the group will switch to the Bluetooth with the 30. 

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for following up with us and providing this information. It is most helpful. 

If you take your SoundTouch 30 ungrouped and select the Bluetooth source then swap to Aux or a preset, does it swap back to Bluetooth? 

If so, I think there could be something wrong with your SoundTouch 30. I would recommend getting in contact with your local Technical Support team for service. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Mike Lafountain
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Yes it does exactly that. There was no link in your message to click.

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I'm sorry about the link in the last message, this has now been edited. 

I hope the team will be able to assist you! Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O