Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manoj Chakravarthy
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

Bose Cinemate 1SR soundbar compatible with?

Model: Bose Cinemate 1SR Speaker array

I have the speaker array and looking to buy a compatible woofer module from third party sellers.

As of now I found 2 modules from third party sellers and I'm not sure if they are compatible with this soundbar or not. 

Not able to find any details of the compatible modules. Can someone please guide me towards the right direction to find the details about the compatibility?

Attaching the images for more details. Thanks in advance 🙂

SmartSelect_20210731-153618_OfferUp.jpg

SmartSelect_20210731-153511_OfferUp.jpg

SmartSelect_20210731-153449_OfferUp.jpg

Thanks 

Manoj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Cinemate 1SR soundbar compatible with?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Manoj Chakravarthy

@Manoj Chakravarthy You will find the Bose speaker systems are not compatible. They are proprietary in design. No mix and match.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Author Accepted Answer selected by Manoj Chakravarthy

@Manoj Chakravarthy You will find the Bose speaker systems are not compatible. They are proprietary in design. No mix and match.

View solution in original post

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

@rickatk is correct, neither of those will work, you need the one that was specifically for the 1SR (so exactly the same as the one you're replacing.

Manoj Chakravarthy
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

Thank you very much @rickatk 

Manoj Chakravarthy
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Manoj Chakravarthy 

“Interface module control for CineMate home entertainment systems. Use as a replacement should your original interface module become lost or damaged.”

The Cinemate Series II replaced the Bose Cinemate DVD consoles. This model only worked on the Cinemate Series II and Cinemate Series II GS systems as an audio hub like this:  

https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/products/bose_home_theater_support/bose_2_speaker_home_theater_sup...

And this:

https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/products/bose_home_theater_support/bose_2_speaker_home_theater_sup...

Unfortunately it cant be used as a console for the SR, Cinemate 30, or SoundTouch series sound bars.