Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Re: Bose Connectivity

Thank you. I will certainly try that when I can. Im currently waiting for a new router to arrive which Im hoping might solve the problem. If not, I'll follow the suggestions that you have made. Incidently what age do the speakers have to be to not be able to handle to two bands? I think my oldest speaker is around 4 -5 years old but the rest are newer - some bought within the last 12 months.

Highlighted

Hey John, 

Let us know how you get on! In the meantime, it would depend on the specific systems you have. If you let me know the name and what series each of the speakers is I can let you know. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Ok, so new dual band router installed and speakers set up on 2.4 Ghz band only. 3 speakers now connected successfully. 

3 speakers wont connect.

Soundtouch 10 Model 416776 

Soundtouch 20 Model 355589-SM2 

Soundtouch Soundbar 300

All show similar problems when using App to try and connect them. Firstly, none are spotted initially by App and after prompting and doing the usual 2 and -vol button I get after a couple of minutes a brief page asking for wifi id and passcode, but almost immediately before anything can be done the page is replaced and says says cant find speaker and you go back to the "speaker need a little help.".. message. After going round this loop several times, sometimes you get as far as putting in the wifi id and app and a while later it asks you to name speaker. Then it often goes, can't find speaker or can't add you to the group. 

In the early stages of the setting up I removed the speakers from the group noting the warning that If i did that all speakers settings for that speaker would be lost. However, sometimes it will find speakers that should no longer be in the group. However, they cannot be connected to, and I get fail to connect messages like those above).

So, I'm pretty sure that the Router is not the problem, nor the mixed frequencies as they have been isolated. I have deleted the App and installed it again. I have rebooted the speakers as instructed. It's the software isn't it?  Your guidance telling me to check this and then that, to do things in a certain order suggests that its not at all robust. I've got a problem now that I've got the best part of a £1000 of hardware that I cannot get to work properly, and I dont know what to do next. Dont forget, this system worked satisfactorily for a couple of years until about 6 weeks ago, and then its progressively become more and more clumsy, and almost unusable. Im quite used to using the App, either from phone or tablet.    

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me John. In this instance, I would suggest reaching out to support. They have the ability to troubleshoot in real-time and look deeper into your system than we can on the forums. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

I am sure that they can get this resolved for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Thanks for your help. I will contact the service team when their office is open on Monday.

Incidentally, during this fiasco I deleted and then reinstalled the Bose App. As I did so, I noted the comments from other users on the download site who have attempted to download the App and use it.  There were literally dozens and dozens and dozens of recent comments all with the same issues. Poor connectivity, very slow, looses connection, speakers wont connect to each other, App crashes or locks up etc. etc.. There were even a couple of comments describing a similar experience as me - ie, used the app for a couple of years but never really impressed with it, but now recently its become just about unusable.  The overall response was that the App was really, really poor, with many saying that they had wasted their money on the Bose system and wished they had chosen something different. I too, am feeling the same. I think I've wasted £2000 overall.  My family all have other similar priced but different make speaker systems in their own homes and have relatively few niggles, and pretty good sound as well.  

But believe that you too, know the Bose App to be very poor. Just looking at your suggestions to resolve my problems its obvious that you just try things without any rhyme or reason with the hope that sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.  Well it my case, and obviously a very large number of other users it has not worked, and it simply is not good enough.  I would like to formally complain and would be obliged if you could let me have the procedure in order to do this. Thankyou.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@John Benyon 

I have 2 SoundTouch 30’s, 1 SoundTouch 10, 1 Cinemate 130 with ST wifi adaptor, a Bose 300 speaker, 4 Blue Curve (Comcast) Wireless TV players, and a bunch of smart products spread throughout my 3000sq ft rancher. Before that a three storey home. But for a few minor issues related to wifi and a not so great macOS SoundTouch update procedure, I find the Bose platform to be very stable. Has been for years. 

People posting, out of frustration, blame the software. Generally the software is just fine, in my experience. There are many troubleshooting strategies. Wifi can be tricky as can be CEC. There is nothing wrong with the SoundTouch software. Now with Airplay the Bose products are even better. 

I am using the exact same software and updates, all of which work fine. I too have made a sizeable investment and with some patience and perseverance I feel satisfied I have a quality good working system.