Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Bose Home & Soundtouch compatibility

I have 2 Aoundtouch 10 speakers and I was wanting to add another one. However it seems like the Soundtouch has been discontinued and has been replaced by the Bose Home speaker.  The stockist that I contacted told me that the Bose Home can't be linked with the Soundtouch speakers. Is this true & what was Bose thinking of when they decided not to allow them to be linked?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home & Soundtouch compatibility

Hello Enterprise, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

The SoundTouch speakers and Smart Home speakers use different apps, so they're not directly compatible, however, you can group them using Airplay 2! 

This will only work on iOS-based devices as Airplay 2 is not officially supported on Android.

Another solution would be to use SimpleSync to sync a SoundTouch speaker to the Home Speaker via Bluetooth. This method is only compatible with one other speaker. 

I hope this helps clear things up!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Re: Bose Home & Soundtouch compatibility

Thank you for your suggestions. However I don't use Apple products so I can't use the first option. Basically, it's been a disappointment that the Soundtouch users have been forgotten in the development of new Bose products. It makes it difficult for consumers to formulate any sort of brand loyalty .when features such a inconnectivity only lasts with the current product. I'm sorry if my reaction disappoints but that's the impact of not making products compatible