Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2016

Bose SA-5 Intermittent sound

Hello, I am having issues with my Bose SA-5 amplifier.

The sound cuts out every 10 or 20 seconds. I have 4 Bose 151 speakers connected to it and sometimes group it with a ST30 and ST10 . I usually use the Bose app playing Spotify. Any assistance would be appreciated.    

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose SA-5 Intermittent sound

Hi Cccopado, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SA-5. I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can! 

Can you confirm how you are connecting with your source? Bluetooth or WiFi?

Are there any sources of interference in the area of the SA-5? e.g. Router, Lights, Fishtank, etc.  

Once I have this information I can suggest a resolution which is accurate to your set up! 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2016

I am connecting via WiFi. It's hard to say about interference. My router is upstairs while my SA-5 is downstairs. I am not really able to move the router closer. I did a test and the connection speed seems fine. I also have an SA-4 which does not seem to have the same issue.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted

Hi Cccopado, 

thank you for coming back to me. 

As you do not seem to have any issues with any of your other connected products it sounds as if this could be interference related. Interference can be anything electrical related or if the SA-5 is in a cupboard. Anything like that can cause a drop in the connection. I would also recommend trying a connection using Bluetooth at short range to see if you experience the same issue. 

Let me know how you get on.

Kindest,

Jessie O

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2016

I am still having intermittent audio issues with my SA-5. I don't think it's wifi interference because my other Soundtouch products work fine. The issue occurs when connected by Bluetooth or WiFi and whether grouped with other speakers or not. Any other suggestions? Would taking it in for service and inspection be recommended?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi @cccopado ,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with the connection here.

My recommendation is what you have already suggested here - which is to reach out to support in your country/region for further assistance.

You can do this by clicking HERE, selecting your country/region then navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, and please get back to me with any updates/questions!

Liam W

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Hi bose

i am having the same problem with my SA-5 with intermittent sound. I also have other Bose products and it is only the SA-5 that have the issue and only with Spotify.

My setup is via LAN , so it has nothing to do with WiFi and it does not change either when I to connect via Bluetooth or AirPlay.

the SA-5 used to work with Spotify but a few updates back things changed.

any idea what to do??

best ulrik 

Highlighted

Hi ulrik,

Just to clarify with you, this issue is only happening with Spotify, even if you use Bluetooth or Airplay to play Spotify to the speaker? From how you have worded this it sounds like all other music sources you have tried are working fine, would this be correct?

The first thing I would recommend doing is a reset of your SA-5, you can do this by disconnecting it from power for at least 1 minute before plugging it back in and allowing it to boot back up. Once it is turned on and connected again, give it a test and see how you get on.