BleedKaga
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 10 Connection Problem

Hi,

I have a SoundTouch 10 speaker and have been using it about 2+ years or so. I like everything about it except one problem that I've been dealing with, specifically related to its Bluetooth connection with my Windows 10 PC. When I turn on my PC, it connects to the speaker automatically, no problem. However, if I don't play any sound for a certain amount of time, the speaker disconnects and I have to manually connect it again inside Windows Bluetooth settings. I am not sure if this is related to the speaker's connection itself or Windows 10 settings. How can I prevent the speaker from disconnecting and keep its connection online even when I am not playing anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundTouch 10 Connection Problem

Hi @BleedKaga,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're experiencing keeping your SoundTouch 10 connected to your Windows 10 PC. Have you been using the same PC the duration of you owning the SoundTouch 10? Has this always been an issue?

When using the speaker with other devices, such as mobile phones, tablets or other computers (Mac or non-Windows 10) - do you notice the speaker randomly disconnecting?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
User303
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch 10 Connection Problem

Same problem over here, just as described above. Soundtouch 10 (latest firmware) connects upon startup, but disconnects after not playing sound for a few minutes, have to re-connect manually again and again.

1) Using the same PC.

2) It has always been an issue.

3) Not using the speaker with any other device.

How can I keep Bose Soundtouch 10 from disconnecting from Win10?

Highlighted
User303
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Bose SoundTouch 10 Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

(The very same problem was brought up on ‎12-22-2019, but was never answered by a moderator)

My Bose Soundtouch 10 (running on latest firmware) connects via Bluetooth upon startup of Win10, but disconnects after not playing sound for a few minutes. I have to re-connect manually via the Bluetooth control panel again and again and again.

This problem exists ever since I started using the Bose SoundTouch 10 with this Win10 Computer (it has always been the same computer)

I am not using any other devices with the Bose Soundtouch 10.

How can I keep Bose Soundtouch 10 from disconnecting from Win10?

(Bouns: Had quite a bit of trouble publishing this post. Error messages:

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.