Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottpat78
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Bose SoundTouch 10 reset loop

Hi all. I’m stuck in a loop with a ST10. I have 2 of these speakers in different rooms, and also a ST20. One of the ST10 and the ST20 is perfect and never had any issues. 

The ST10 in question has had no end of issues from day 1. It was sent to Bose factory and came back as no fault found. Since it’s return, Wi-Fi continues to drop and Bluetooth isn’t working at all. 

I’ve just tried to reset it again (a weekly occurrence) to get it working and it’s failed. It is now sitting with all 4 lights randomly flashing white. I can’t do anything with it now. 

This ST10 is in my home office, less than a foot from my main router / Wi-Fi AP and I use it every day to listen to the radio. The other speakers are in different rooms and have never dropped Wi-fi or had issues with Bluetooth. 

Really hoping for some actual support and a resolution please as I miss not having audio whilst I work! 

Bose product name 

SoundTouch 10

Country

UK

Firmware Version

Can’t confirm as lost connection to speaker

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
N/A - speaker cannot connect to Wi-Fi

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

As above

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Home office

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

When it was returned from Bose factory

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Tried multiple times to reset and reconnect

877457D8-1E2A-41A7-BD6B-F724C5DF2583.png

BA8607F4-6F66-42F7-A462-6F1AFB8AEE74.png

E20E1116-4427-4F08-A64C-D7AE682F5463.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Bose SoundTouch 10 reset loop

Author Accepted Answer selected by Scottpat78

@Scottpat78, As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. Here is a link to the UK support page for ease. As you are in the UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. Or you can book in an exchange on the website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jessie_O

Hey Scottpat78, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your connection. I'll be happy to help you! 

I would recommend that you try to force an update on the speakers. This will help to stabilize the speakers and may help with the SoundTouch 10 you're having issues with. You can do this by pressing and holding the 4 and volume - buttons for 10 seconds. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Scottpat78
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I have just tried this and pressing either 4&- or 2&- just takes me to an amber light on Wi-Fi but there is no Wi-Fi network to join from my phone.

Right now I cannot connect to my ST10 at all.

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this Scott! 

Have you attempted to perform this via another device or only the one phone? 

We have a great list of steps here that will assist with connecting back to your speaker. 

Please update us on the result of the steps above! 

Scottpat78
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Hi. Yes, I have tried on my iPhone and iPad and also other devices in the household - none show a Wi-FI SSID being broadcast for this ST10.

I went and reset my other ST10 and my ST20 to check it wasn't me, and both of those went into setup mode and reconnected to Wi-Fi without issue.

Scottpat78
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Hi, I'm hoping to nudge this one for a reply - any ideas on next steps please?

Liam_G

Thanks for confirming Scott, 

In some circumstances when the standard reset command isn't being recognised by the speaker, we may need to force the reset instead.

If you unplug the speaker from power. Whilst unplugged, hold the 1 and volume down buttons together and then plug the speaker back into power. Soon as the lights come on, let go of the two buttons and this should force the speaker to reset correctly. 

If you continue to have issues. please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Scottpat78
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Hi, just completed this.  The lights flashed in sequence etc for a while, then just left me with a solid amber light on the Wi-Fi LED.  The speaker still doesn't show as an available network to connect to.  Anything else we can try please?

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Scottpat78. 

The speaker may be a little too close to the router if it's still next to it. Let's move the speaker into another room to see if the same issue occurs, the reason I want us to do this is because it may be in dead zone where it's too close. 

Can you please also let me know what buttons you have been pressing to perform a reset? The reason I ask is a factory reset and power cycling are two different things. The factory reset can be performed by using 1 + Volume down, whereas a power cycle/standard reset can be done by disconnecting the speaker from power for 30 seconds. 

If the WiFi LED is solid amber, and all other lights are off, the speaker is in set up mode and should be emitting a Wi-Fi network for setup. If you are still unable to find the broadcasted network, please try with another device. 

We look forward to hearing back from you! 

Scottpat78
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Hi Hector.

I've moved the speaker with the issue into another room where I have a different ST10 that works without issue. Same applies - no connectivity and no WI-Fi broadcast.  I've also moved the working ST10 into my home office and this has no issues with connectivity or use.

I've tried all reset instructions provided - 2 & -, 4 & - and also 1 & - when powering on. All to no avail.

The problem follows this speaker, regardless of location and reset attempts. All other Bose speakers in the property work without issue.