Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III not able to access iTunes library stored on external hard drive

Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III not able to access iTunes library stored on external hard drive? Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III not able to access iTunes library stored on external hard drive

Hello Firesky22, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you are having some difficulty accessing your iTunes library on your SoundTouch 20 system. I'd love to assist you with this. 

Are you receiving any error codes? If so, what are they?

Has the iTunes library ever worked on your SoundTouch 20 or this a first-time setup?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III not able to access iTunes library stored on external hard drive

First time setup. Just purchased but will need to take back if this doesn't work.
Only plays radio. Ughhhh

Windows 7 home, soon to have Windows 10/

When I add the library I get two libraries appearing on the app screen. When I click into the first library it has an error message "We couldn't find any tracks..." (6302).

When I click into the second library it has an error message "HMM... Looks like your music library isn't available right now...." (6304)

already tried the steps (resetting the SoundTouch speakers and router, removing and re-adding the library within the SoundTouch app...
SoundTouch is added to the firewall... also the SoundTouch Helper and SoundTouch Music server added as well... Both of them found under the SoundTouch folder in Program Files (x86). Removed and re-adding the library

I have checked:
    • Windows and third party firewalls
    • Firewall in the router
    • Media streaming is enabled on Windows computer
It is a coding error with Bose??
no fix yet?
ongoing problem?
I CANNOT have my iTunes library on my computer as it is too large.

Highlighted

Hi Firesky22, 

Thanks for confirming this information for us. 

Have you ensured that the audio files which you are using are compatible? Unsupported file types—like "Protected AAC" and WAV—are not indexed by the SoundTouch Music Server and will not appear in the app. Any unsupported files will need to be converted or re-obtained in a supported format. To determine an audio file type in iTunes:

• Locate the track using the search function in iTunes. If the column titled "Kind" is visible, determine what is listed in this column in for the track, otherwise right-click on the track and determine what Kind of file it is. To make the "Kind" column visible, go to the Edit menu and choose View Options. In the window that appears, click on the box next to "Kind" and then click OK. Please note you may need to scroll to the right to see the new column.

Following this, I would also look into the privacy settings of your network. When you connect to a network, Windows tends to ask if the network type is Public or Private. If Public is selected, certain securities are applied that can prevent some apps from operating properly. On your computer, go to Network and Sharing and click Change Advanced Settings. Expand your network type (i.e. Public or Private) and set select Turn on network discovery.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Yes, I have done everything and NO.... it didn't work. Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III not able to access iTunes library stored on external hard drive

Highlighted

Hello Firesky22, 

Thanks for getting back to us and testing these steps. I am sorry that there has not been a resolution yet. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this through with the team. It may be easier to get this set up by talking in real-time with an agent. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

I am sorry that we could not help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!