Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Bose SoundTouch 30

Hello community, can somebody tell me when the Bose SoundTouch 30 was discontinued? Also which component has BOSE replaced it with? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose SoundTouch 30

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bochala

@Bochala wrote:

@Morlock wrote:

I don't think it has been officially discontinued (I may be wrong though).  However they have been short on stock (out of stock in some countries) since before Christmas and does seem to be on the way out.

They have not announced or released a replacement yet.  The closest would be the Home Speaker 500.  I see that as better sound than the ST20, but the ST30 definitely has better bass.  They have gone away from the Soundtouch system and now use the Bose Music app, so they are not directly compatible.

Thanks for that information. The soundtouch 20 and 30 are not on the Bose website anymore. I think their customer phone support is down as well. I would love to call them and ask. What do you use with your Bose music app if you don't mind me asking?

There has been no official announcement that the ST line is dead. The Home 300, 450 and 500 speakers are fine devices and sound really good. Nice design too. I have been posting requesting a 700 speaker to replace the ST30. Nothing yet. My ST30s are five years old and going strong. Both were updated with the Airplay feature. Nice!

Most companies are not offering phone support at this time. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I don't think it has been officially discontinued (I may be wrong though).  However they have been short on stock (out of stock in some countries) since before Christmas and does seem to be on the way out.

They have not announced or released a replacement yet.  The closest would be the Home Speaker 500.  I see that as better sound than the ST20, but the ST30 definitely has better bass.  They have gone away from the Soundtouch system and now use the Bose Music app, so they are not directly compatible.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

@Morlock wrote:

Thanks for that information. The soundtouch 20 and 30 are not on the Bose website anymore. I think their customer phone support is down as well. I would love to call them and ask. What do you use with your Bose music app if you don't mind me asking?

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bochala

@Bochala wrote:

@Morlock wrote:

There has been no official announcement that the ST line is dead. The Home 300, 450 and 500 speakers are fine devices and sound really good. Nice design too. I have been posting requesting a 700 speaker to replace the ST30. Nothing yet. My ST30s are five years old and going strong. Both were updated with the Airplay feature. Nice!

Most companies are not offering phone support at this time. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I've got the Home Speaker 500 (better than the 20, but not as good as the 30) and the Portable Home Speaker.

Unfortunately they said that they got to the end of what they could do or add-on to the SoundTouch platform.   They have run side-by-side with the new ones for a while, but it was only a matter of time before they stopped them.  I think they haven't officially discontinued them (even though they are sold out) is that they still sell some SoundTouch items - Lifestyles, SA-5, which they doon't have replacements for yet.

So they restarted from the ground up with the Bose music app.  It's built to unite all of their (newer) products.  So any new Home Speakers, Soundbars, Headphones etc will work off the same app.  In essence it's along the same lines as SoundTouch, but is easier to integrate with Google, Alexa, and more upgradeable.  For example some of the products can now rebroadcast over BT (may be able to do non-Bose, but the connection to other Bose Music products like the NCHP700 is almost seamless)