Highlighted
Rickm82
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 300 Bass Module cuts in and out constantly

I have had this system a couple years and never happy with the bass sound- I finally realised how to increase the bass volume, now I find the bass drops out constantly- works for 30 seconds, pops and drops out for 5 minutes before it comes back in for 30 seconds. I have the latest firmware, reset the connect, tried using with a audio cable instead of wireless and nothing fixes this issue. I believe it’s a faulty bass module. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 Bass Module cuts in and out constantly

Hello Rickm82, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with dropouts on your Acoustimass 300 bass module. I'd be happy to help you today. 

Dropouts are generally caused by nearby sources of interference including WiFi routers and extenders/boosters as these all use the same 2.4Ghz frequency band used to send audio from the soundbar to the bass module. I would recommend ensuring the soundbar and the bass module are not intersected by a router, and if possible, relocate it to a different location in the home. 

I would also recommend taking a look at this thread, as the general reset information may prove useful for troubleshooting.

I'll look forward to your reply. If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Rickm82
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  

The system pairs and works no problem, but as mentioned after 30 seconds of bass, it makes a pop sound and stops working for 5 minutes - then repeats. 

I have tried the system on bluetooth and with a physical audio cable with the same outcome. 

Being in an apartment, there is no option to move it into another room - there are many devices connected to wifi throughout the apartment. 

I feel its a faulty device that cuts out after short use - even using a wired connection.

Hello Rickm82, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

I can appreciate that relocating could be an issue, but as a means of testing, can you try disconnecting the router from power then test the audio on the Soundbar to see if the popping still occurs. If it continues, we can rule out the interference from the speaker. If it does stop, then I would certainly recommend relocating the router. 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G