Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Bose SoundTouch 300 Bass Module no longer pairs

Acoustimass 300

USA, Nebraska

Cannot get any sound from the bass module.

Tried pressing soundtouch + 7 to rescan.  Connects to surround sound speakers but not bass module.  I unplugged the surround sound speakers and tried ST+7 again, now the connection button is amber.  I unplugged power and started over several times.  Tried by connecting with the 3.5mm plugs with no success.  Changed the soundbar 300 network connection from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz network and tried again.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 Bass Module no longer pairs

Update:  I forgot to mention, am running firmware 25.0.0 and app version 25.0.4.  I started over and unplugged everything.  The app still displayed that the surround speakers were attached even though they were unplugged.  Turned them off in the app.  Tried to link the bass module (ST+7) with no success.  Finally plugged in the bass module with the 3.5mm cable.  Turned it up to 50% volume and the sub started to respond.  So, the bass module works which is a relief.  I anticipate needing to run the  ADAPTiQ process (ST+8) to equalize.  Added back the surround sound speakers with ST+7.  Not ideal but keeping fingers crossed this will sort things out for now.  In the app I can see the surround sound speakers are connected but nothing on the bass module.  Grandchildren are sleeping so will update when able to run ADAPTiQ

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey JJ_ST300 - thanks for the update. Happy to hear you're able to hear audio when using a wired connection again. To check, you mention the LED is amber. Is this on the SoundTouch 300, or the rear of the Acoustimass 300 bass module? If it is on the bass module, does it display a certain pattern or sequence?

Have you tried moving the bass module to a different location in the room? There could possibly be wireless interference that is causing the connection between the two devices to fail. Be sure to update us on how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Thank you for your response, however after further testing it seems I was being overly optimistic when I thought I was getting sound from the bass module when using a wired connection.  NOTE: when listening at enhanced sound in front of the soundbar, EVERYTHING vibrates....

I ended up calling into Bose support to see if there was something I had missed and it turns out "It's dead Jim"  - There is no status light glowing amber or otherwise on the bass module when I plug it in.  I had mistaken the status light as a plug earlier as I could not see with the lighting available in that corner of the room.  I will be shipping the device in for repair. 😞  

Highlighted

Hi @JJ_ST300

Thank you for letting us know, I'm sorry we couldn't do more for you.

If there is anything else we can do, please let us know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

I got my Bass Module back much earlier than expected.  Turn around time was less than three weeks.  Repair required the replacement of the PCB ASSY, SVCE.

Really hoping this is not a recurring maintenance issue/common defect.  My other Bass Module on my older SoundTouch system still works fine, so I am hoping this was just an abnormality.