sree
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Bose SoundTouch 300 suddenly stopped working

Hi All,

Today morning I realized that my Bose sound touch 300 sound bar doesnt turn on. It doesnt respond to  anything. I tired factory reset and all other trouble shooting options online. Its like its a dead device. Looks like its unable to recieve power (basic hardware issues).

I read online to see that there are other people who are also facing this issue. Its been just 18 months and its surprising that something this basic would kill the device. I also have base module and I worried when its going to stop working. I called Bose and they said the repair would cost me $150. 

I would have gladly paid if I did someting (drop it etc) that yeilded this. I was kind of surpised to see that other are also facing this baisc power issue and Bose doesnt have an option for these scenarios. Having worked at Bose myself in the past I am very disappointed in the responsibility Bose is taking in these basic hardware issue usecases. 

Writing here to learn more about experiences of others who faced similar issues. The posts I read online ended with Bose CS agent advising to factory reset but didnt offer any other solution.

15 REPLIES 15
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 suddenly stopped working

If it's out of warranty, then $150 for a repair might be reasonable.

sree
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

I see you point, but my concern was about the issue occuring in first place. This is my second Bose product that had simple hard ware issues that would just kill the device without my mistake in less than 18 months after purchase. I can expect this from low priced items but I didnt expect this level of issues from Bose.

I read online about few other people with similar issues so posted here to hear expreinces of other people. At this rate I would have to pay $150 for every 18 months to keep the product alive. I know I am being a pesimisstic, but I was optimistic for the first time the issue occured with my headhones but now it seems like a trend. 

KevoTheFord
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Sounds similar to what I have, however in the app I can still turn it on and off and play the radio via the app.  Aside from that the unit is dead.  I bought mine from Costco so it automatically has an extra year warranty, but mine is somewhere between 6 and 8 months old now.  I have still as yet not heard back from customer service on my inquiries.

Community Manager

Hi sree,

Thanks for posting on the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing and would recommend checking out this post HERE.  Let us know if manually updating the system helps to bring it back to full working order. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

AJCJ
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

We too have got this problem.  No power anything.   We’ve done all the suggested reboots etc.  So am I to take it it is simply dead and either an expensive repair or a new purchase!,,   Would have expected better from supposedly high quality product

Hi AJCJ, 

Thanks for posting. 

Can you please confirm which troubleshooting you have done so far? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

AJCJ
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

We’ve unplugged all and plugged back in, rebooted hub,  changed fuses in plug.  Tried to reinstall soundbar but this is not even being seen now via our app.  

Weve checked and changed cables 

Hello AJCJ,

Thanks for getting back to us, it sounds like there might be something wrong with the SoundTouch 300. I would recommend that you call our customer care team as they will be able to go through service options for you; please click here to access contact information.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

AJCJ
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Thanks Zoe.   Are these still repairable.  I think this is awful that I will now have to pay for a repair and it’s not that old but obviously out of guarantee