Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

Bose SoundTouch App not loading on iPad

The latest  app update doesn’t work. When opening you just get the loading screen 

271 REPLIES 271
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Sound touch app connection problems

Hi. Have never managed to get SoundTouch app to work.  Thought it was because of old phone (5s) but have now upgraded to iPhone 7 and still can’t get beyond screen where asks for location permission. The app just does not progress. Have deleted app and reinstalled to no avail. Have restarted phone...no difference.  Have checked location settings on app and states “Ask”.  Tried logging into app in advance as well

Feeling frustrated as just cant get it to work

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Re: Sound touch app connection problems

One trap I've fallen into a few times before realising my error is that I have to disconnect from my phone's VPN before setting up the system. Otherwise it blocks all connections when it switches from my regular wi-fi network to the SoundTouch speaker's network, which it does as part of the setup routine. This may not be your issue, but just thought I'd mention it just in case.
Highlighted

Re: Sound touch app connection problems

Hi BoseyHugs, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having some connection issues and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm the software version that your device is running as well as if you have this issue across other devices in your household? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and appreciate @Sonic_the_racoon for the suggestion! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Soundtouch App not working since update

I have a Soundtouch 30.  The app no longer connects to the system on Android - it just boots up, gets to the white loading screen, and the loading wheel spins endlessly.  This is being reported on the Google Play store as well and there is no other communication on this from Bose.  The speaker is basically useless because I can't navigate to anything or select any sources.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still doesn't work.  When is this going to be fixed?

Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch App not working since update

Hello Sandglider, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch app.

To give me a better understanding can you please confirm the make and model of your Android device? Can you please also confirm if you have tried the app on another device to see if the issue persists when connected to your home network? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Mine isn't working on Android either. iPad works fine. 

Starting to get over this system. I have 4 soundtouch 10's, a soundtouch 20 and wireless link. Was going to upgrade the family room to soundtouch soundbar and sub but thinking of just switching the whole lot than keep dealing with issues. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

My sound 10’s, 20 and 30 and one sound touch 300 bar all can not be found by the app when I come to the part to name the speaker . The app says can’t name at this time and to try again later. This all happened after the updates! Please fix ..anyone help please..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Same here... when finally connects, after 2 or 3 musics its reboots... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

My SoundTouch 30 the app has stopped working and says hmm, searching for update (4004/0) whatever that means? The clock has disappeared yet it still has the WiFi symbol and the internet radio stations on the presets work?? Please Bose sort it out?