Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch App not working since update

Thanks for reaching out to us Brad. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Have you tried uninstalling the application and then reinstalling it?

This should hopefully resolve any issues you are experiencing with the application. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Next update to SoundTouch Firmware

When is the next update to SoundTouch at the moment. My settings are always being reset. So It does not just play I have to select. Plus also my shuffle settings are not kept on my NAS Service setting

Highlighted

Re: Next update to SoundTouch Firmware

Hi DonHarman, 

I'd love to do what I can to help, sorry that your settings appear to reset. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what SoundTouch product/s do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model

Can you also let us know your products current firmware version? You can check this under the product settings in your SoundTouch app, this way we can just confirm you're up to date. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Lifestyle 535 

Highlighted

@DonHarman Thanks for letting us know the model of your system! The latest SoundTouch firmware version is 25.0.0. If your system is not up to date, you can do this through the SoundTouch app. 

Once you have updated the firmware, please let us know if you're experiencing the same issues.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Sound Touch App Ver 26 For iOS Broken // Don’t Update!

So today received iPad notification of an update to ver 26.0 of the Sound Touch App. Installed, now the App won’t load. As per screen shot, spinning circle only. Uninstalled/reinstalled, to no avail.  iPad OS version 13.7. I will add, just received the update on our Android devices and they work fine.

Just realized this evening that iOS 14 dropped today. Will install tomorrow and see if this fixes the issue, seeing that there has been no response from Bose. 
Installed iOS 14, same issue as above. Interesting that there is no acknowledgement from Bose. 

056078A8-1E46-48AD-8730-A639EDC0ACAE.png

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

Re: Sound Touch App Ver 26 For iOS Broken // Don’t Update!

Me too!

iPadOS14, white startup screen, spinning icon at the bottom.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

iPadOS 14, SoundTouch ver.26.0, hangs at startup screen, with Bose logo & spinning icon.

Even re-downloaded app.  Just a spinning icon.

(Just to clarify, this is on iPad, on my iPhone it works fine)

Technically there is now an iOS (for iPhone), iPadOS (for iPad) & a WatchOS for (Apple Watch).

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bose just updated the iOS version only...

Come on Bose, don't you even test this stuff prior to release?  😡

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Re: Sound Touch App Ver 26 For iOS Broken // Don’t Update!

Me too!

On my new iPad Pro, endless spinner.

On my iPhone 11 Pro, the new app works properly.

Darn it!

Ralph

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

Yes well iPhone updated iPad Pro updated acknowledged to allow Bluetooth/wifi access and now I have no control  at all.  The apps just sits there with the pretty little lines spinning at the bottom always such a disappointment from Bose,  don’t buy anything anymore from them anymore when the existing products die I just wont buy from you anymore.  Waited months for airplay on the sound touch units months and now this.  Please just fix it,  maybe test it before launching the app maybe ask your family to test it,  

Anyone have any ideas I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app no luck rebooted the iPad and phone no luck,  it does not even show the app in settings I have running an iPhone X and an iPad Pro