degzie57
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

Much the same as everyone else. Works on iPhone, but not on iPad.
Have reinstalled the app several times without any success.

Doesn’t even show up in the app list...!!!

Talnic
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Problems with Bose App

The Soundtouch app didn't work on my iPad after doing the update.  I updated my iPad (there was an update pending) and still nothing.  It just wouldn't open.

I then tried deleting the Soundtouch app in order to reinstall it.  I succeeded in deleting it and reinstalling it, but still it would not open.

So I deleted it again and did a hard reboot.  But when I tried to install it again I was given the option to "open" not to "get".  Hitting "open" did nothing - nothing opened.  I checked to see if the app was still there, and I saw a weird logo on the home screen labelled soundtouch.  IT WAS NOT LISTED IN THE APPS UNDER SETTINGS/GENERAL/IPAD STORAGE.  I just deleted the strange-looking logo from the home screen, went back to the apple store to try to reinstall the app, but it still said "open".

I could not find the app anywhere on the iPad, and when hitting "open" in the apple store, again, nothing.  I tried rebooting again, and the same thing happened again - weird logo appeared back on my home screen, etc, etc, etc.  I just kept going round in circles.  I have tried contacting the Apple Community, but I really don't want to factory reset my iPad.  It does not happen with any other apps only Bose.

Please help.  I'm really missing the music!

I have included a picture of the weird icon.WhatsApp Image 2020-09-17 at 21.30.30.jpeg

JohnDoe.
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update Sept 2020

I face the exact same issue on an iPad Air 2 since this morning's update.

Dear Bose Team, please tell us you are working on fixing it?;=)

PS: yes I have already tried to deinstall/reinstall the app, I also tried the hard reboot trick  but nothing helps. And there are no cookie preferences I could define differently as already suggested in an other thread...
https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/soundtouch-app-does-not-start-on-ipad/td-p/7362

jjeconomaki
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Confirming that the SoundTouch app works on the iPhone with IOS 14.   Nothing but a white screen and logo on the iPad with IOS14.  Permissions are both set to allow access to the local network. Reinstalling the app does not work.  In summary, one cannot use SoundTouch on an iPad with IOS 14 installed.

Please advise.

Boze Dave
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

"We haven’t seen any significant impacts with either operating system to our Headphones, Bluetooth Speakers, Wellness, and Wearable products in the Bose Music, Bose Hear, Connect, and Sleep apps.

No mention of the SoundTouch app there. Ya think maybe they forgot to test it...???

BeeStore
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Sound Touch App Won't Load

Since I updated the Soundtouch App yesterday, the app won't load properly.  When I open the app, the logo shows and the little spinner below just spins.  The speakers work and are currently playing the station that was playing yesterday when I shut it down. I have run the app for 3 years without fail.  I am running the app on an Ipad  OSX 13.7.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, I have reset the speakers, the ipad, and the router, and nothing is helping.  

Pops
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update Sept 2020

Oh no, same here...

GPquestion
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

same issue here.  Latest Bose App update. 26.0.0

works on iPhone with iOS 13.6 and iPhone with iOS 14.0

does not work with iPad Pro (v2) with iOS 14.0 

If Bose monitors this site which it seems there is a moderator, it would be nice to acknowledge the issue and that a solution will be forthcoming.

Tried the delete and reinstall as well and no joy.

GPquestion
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

PS:  get the same white screen and spinning circle that teskor gets (see thread above posted 9/16/2020)

teskor
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

So... any acknowledgment of this this issue or a fix Bose?