Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

Spoke with Bose Support just a few minutes ago.  They have acknowledged there is an issue.  No resolution at this point. They are in communication with Apple as well.  So no use tearing your hair out looking for a solution until there is an Bose App update or hopefully not waiting for an iPad iOS fix.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Yes, I seem to be having the same problem as many since updating all my devices yesterday to IOS 14.

iphone 11 pro max, soundtouch app works fine, iPad pros that I use around the house for music and control of my 4 Bose soundtouch capable systems, just a white screen and spinning circle.

have uninstalled and reinstalled on all of them, all doing the same thing.

very disappointing, especially for me as the owner of a pro av company and a Bose pro dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update Sept 2020

I just noticed that while I have a ST app on my iPad screen, the ST app does show in the list of apps in my Settings. The ST app does show up in settings in my iPhone. This is probably why when we open the ST app on the iPad it just spins. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Does anyone have an answer why there is not a ST app in my Settings but shows up on the screen?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Same issue. I am using the Soundtouch App on my Win10 PC and it keeps prompting me to update the app. When I click update, it takes me to the Soundtouch controller app webpage to download the app again. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried connecting speakers through ethernet cable to my PC and nothing works. This sucks Bose! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Compatibility across all products is not a “Bose” desire ... obviously. I am very frustrated as I only have the iPad with OS 14 connected to my now non functioning $125 soundtouch.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

I tried to disconnecting and reconnecting my iPad to the WiFi and clicked on the BoseST app. I saw this and clicked ok. 

F36E4E78-916F-4DA9-B688-34F3D0865ADB.jpeg

Here is the list of apps in my Settings. No ST app. 

8D84204B-D13F-4690-952A-F92A8C5D53D9.jpeg

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Soundtouch 26.0.0 failure

I installed the app update for Soundtouch today. Version 26.0.0. 
It is on an iPad Air 2. 
it is not working. All I get is the Soundtouch logo and the spinning wheel......no connection.  Has this issue been reported?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

The ST app IS in my settings on my iPad but just spins when trying to load. I've deleted and reinstalled, reset my iPad and turned wifi of and on. Still hangs up when loading. 

My iPhone ST app works fine (for now).

Thanks for the Win10 warning, mine's asking to update... I think not!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Same problem.  I tried with both my Pixel 2 phone and Galaxy IS6 tablet. Same result: the screen displays the Sojnbtouch logo and waits... and waits...