Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update Sept 2020

I am having the same issue.  Is there any resolution?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

Same problem. White screen with spinning icon at bottom of 2 iPads. Works on android phone. One iPad was upgraded to ios14. The other was not upgraded and have same white page with spinning icon!,

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Flaming Bose accomplishes nothing, they are now aware of the issue and I'm sure it will be resolved.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about the issue you are having with the SoundTouch app. We have forwarded this information to our engineering team and they are looking into it.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience this is causing and we will let you know as soon as we hear back.

Thank you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

I have exactly the same problem. App (v 26.0.0) working fine on iPhone. On iPad I just get the white screen with logo and spinning wheel. I have uninstalled app and reinstalled again, rebooted iPad and Sound Touch 20 but to no avail. Is there any work around?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Is there any resolution to SoundTouch app v. 26.0.0. (date 26 September 2020) not opening on iPads?  I have tried to reinstalling the app, restarting the iPad, and checking the settings as described with no success.  The app won't start.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Luckily, I have an iPad 4 lying around so I installed the last update on IOS 10.3 and it all work’s perfectly. I was able to update the SoundTouch 20 and all is well.

So, that’s the solution..... IOS 10.3 and the SoundTouch v 26.00 and it all works fine 🙂

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Thank you to our customers who have reported issues with running the Bose SoundTouch app on their iPad.  

We have verified an issue causing the SoundTouch app to not successfully launch on some versions of iPads.  We investigated this a bit and have verified that it is not due to iOS14 specifically, as some have been able to recreate the issue on devices running iOS13.   We are actively working on a resolution and will let you know as soon as possible when it is available.  We apologize for any inconvenience this caused and any impact to your SoundTouch experience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Thanks everyone for commenting on this. I’m usually not a fan of these boards; but this has been very helpful. I too have been experiencing the same issue. Driving me crazy!  Hopefully there will be a resolution soon. Also: hey Bose! When will you be introducing more speakers compatible with Soundtouch? I need 1 or 2 additional ones. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Like so many others, on My iPad Air 2 the app, which had worked perfectly on iOS 13 just before the upgrade, refused to finish loading and connect once I had installed the new OS. I let it connect to network, tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc. It sits there with the spinner going in the centre of the window.

Fortunately I can still control my Soundtouch speakers with my older iPhone (iOS 12), and my PC.

Sadly I am not even slightly surprised, as your skill at designing hardware is only matched by your poor record on software!