BBose
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update Sept 2020

Same issue with my ipad.  Iphone works ok.  Bose, are you working on this??  Please respond to this thread!

Dibka
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Just to confirm I’m having exactly the same issue. Since the recent IOS update the app on our iPads has ceased working. The app opens and then fails to load. One iPad Air2 is running on IOS 14 and one iPad Air 3 is running on 13.7. Neither pads app will now work.  Fortunately the Android app is still running as is the Windows 10 lap top app.

Kvanhege
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

Same issue with iPad 13.7.  Deleted SoundTouch app, reloaded.  Still spins and it doesn‘t appear in app list when I scrolled to see if the controls noted as the fix for 14 might apply to 13.7.  So, the reload with the complete launch apparently iOS isn‘t recognizing.

Ndugu
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

+1

iPad Pro 9.7 works (iPad OS 14)

iPad Pro 10.5 (iPad 14) doesn’t 😞

Andyheat
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Soundtouch app not working with iOS 14. A solutiion

Those of you like myself suffering with this useless app for a couple of years. The final straw, it stopped working altogether when I updated to iOS 14. So here’s my solution.

1. Delete the Soundtouch app.

2 connect to your speakers via Apple airplay. It works a treat, I’m never going back to the Bose app 😎

smithmr
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

Same issue with my iPad Pro, white screen and spinning. iPhone X working fine. 

Sam_F

Re: Soundtouch 20 App

Hey John,

Thank you for reporting this to us. We have verified an issue causing the SoundTouch app to not successfully launch on some versions of iPads. We have investigated this a bit and have also verified that it is not due to iOS14, specifically as some have been able to recreate the issue on devices running iOS13. We are actively working on a resolution and will let you know as soon as possible when it is available. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused and any impact to your SoundTouch experience.

Let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Sam_F

Re: Problem with SoundTouch app v. 26.0.0. on iPad - app dosn't work at all !

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting this to us. We have verified an issue causing the SoundTouch app to not successfully launch on some versions of iPads. We have investigated this a bit and have also verified that it is not due to iOS14, specifically as some have been able to recreate the issue on devices running iOS13. We are actively working on a resolution and will let you know as soon as possible when it is available. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused and any impact to your SoundTouch experience.

Let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kevrey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Updated but as others say just get the Bose logo and a spinning wheel, tried uninstall, reinstall, restart etc. Interestingly when I look at my recent updates it does not show a Bose update for the 18th

mcouse
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: SoundTouch

I'm having the same issue.  I've got the SoundTouch app working on my Android phone and my Windows desktop, but it won't work at all with iOS14. I've reloaded the app, accepted letting it access my network, but then it just spins forever.

Very frustrating, since my iPad is my tool of choice for controlling my SoundTouch system. Bose, please fix this!