mcouse
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

iPad Pro user here. The new SoundTouch app version failed to load before my update to iOS14 this morning - which I undertook in the specific hope that the problem was that the new Bose app wasn't backward compatible and the operating system upload would resolve the issue - but the app still fails to load. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app, I have accepted letting it access my network, but then it's just the white loading screen, spinning in infinity.

Bose, please fix this ASAP! Fortunately I can control my system via my Android phone - which came through the upgrade just fine - and via the app on my Windows PC, however my iPad is my primary interface to my system, and I have multiple speakers throughout the house.  I was hopeful this latest release would finally address the issue with the older versions frequently "losing" my primary speaker (while finding the others), but who knows if it will since it no longer loads.

Erwin27
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: Soundtouch App not working since update

Having same issue with iOS 

David Moore
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Sadly I have the same problem as many others, latest version of the app, Ipad Pro 9.7 and IOS 14, local access enabled and the app does not proceed. Tried removing and reinstalling and did not help. The Ipad is my preferred device for controlling the networked devices.

Thankfully I still have working Mac, Windows 10 and Android versions, please fix this soon'

The other applications I tested are able to access the Soundtouch devices on the network and there is Spotify of course.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch app for ipad

@Prj wrote:

SoundTouch app for iPad not working following update. Just a spinning wheel. Suggest anyone with the same problem starts a new thread rather than reply to anyone else’s. Let’s make sure bose sits up and takes action!

Here too! I tried deleting the app and reinstalling...no joy. Update is working on my iPhone.

Bosebum
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Have 2 IPads, one with IOS 13, the other IOS 14. Both have the same SoundTouch app “spinning” problem. No problem with my Samsung phones or Kindle Fire. 

SparkyLes
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Soundtouch App

I am unable to use the latest soundtouch app on my ipad and iMac. I’ve downloaded the latest version on the ipad (26.0.0) and It will not open. I have deleted it and downloaded it again (a few times) and it still doesn’t work. I have also tried updating the OS version on my IMac and that dioesn’t work either (I can’t unpackaged it). Annoying especially as we have lost the International Tunein radio stations In the last week and now I am wondering if my Bose speakers are much use!

Swembob
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 26.0.0 failure

App shows logo screen and spinning timer. It won’t work on my IPad Pro or Air. The app does work with my Samsung phone. 

groprofit
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

I am experiencing the same challenge on my iPad. The SoundTouch logo on a white screen and spinning at the bottom. Hopefully Bose is doing something about this. 

Wellsroger
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Re: Problem with SoundTouch app v. 26.0.0. on iPad - app dosn't work at all !

I’m having the exact same issue with my iPad Pro. Beyond frustrating!! Please fix this. I now have a seven speaker system that is no better than a paper weight! 

DavidKovanen
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

macOS Error message when installing SoundTouch app: What to do?

I am getting an error message when trying to run the SoundTouch macOS installation app:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 15.20.56.png

(I have tried calling Bose Technical Support but cannot get through to anybody.)