Albert5700
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Re: Sound Touch App Won't Load

Can you imagine if Boeing didn't do adequate Software Verification Testing on the flight control software updates?

At least with Bose Software nobody dies.

We all just have expensive, well engineered, High Fidelity Audio Equipment that doesn't work. 

So, I realize there are alot of platforms that run the SoundTouch App. I get that. It costs money to do SW Verification, I get that.

What I don't get is why you can't give the customer the option of going back one version of the Application. Why? Why? Why?

Artsoul
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

It appears that the new update doesn’t work on my iPad Air 2

everything was ok until this update came out 

when I open the SoundTouch App it opens but hangs and won’t open to allow you to pick your radio or platform like Spotify etc

is anyone else having this issue?

sardanapal
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: My SoundTouch app on my IPad stopped working

Same here! 

Princeau99
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Re: Soundtouch app not working with iOS 14. A solutiion

Is there a way to use Airplay with ST 10s setup as a stereo pair? Mine don't show up as available, only my non-stereo paired devices show up.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundtouch app not working with iOS 14. A solutiion

@Princeau99 wrote:

Is there a way to use Airplay with ST 10s setup as a stereo pair? Mine don't show up as available, only my non-stereo paired devices show up.

This feature is not supported on Bose speakers. Apple Home Pods does that.

DickMalon
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Sound touch app quit working

My iPad just updated to IOS 14. All of my apps still work except Sound Touch. All I get is the spinning wheel. The only way I could stop it was to delete the app. 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Sound Touch App Won't Load

@Albert5700 wrote:

Can you imagine if Boeing didn't do adequate Software Verification Testing on the flight control software updates?

At least with Bose Software nobody dies. We all just have expensive, well engineered, High Fidelity Audio Equipment that doesn't work. 

Boeing is dealing with the fallout of poorly implemented software updating on the Max airliner.

Agreed that is an extreme, but glitchy update software happens. I have been using SoundTouch for six years. I have encountered only one other time there was a problem. The issue, over active CPU cycles, was quickly fixed by Bose, with a patch. 

Fortunately I only rely on the SoundTouch app to configure the Speakers, preferring to use the handy remote and presets for day to day operation.

This too shall pass!

Stavkats
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Re: SoundTouch update

Indeed Bose must come up with a solution. I suggest to create an update OR even a fake update so that if there was a clutch with the update to be rectified by the most recent update.

Bose we are waiting!!!

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch app for ipad

@Belgoval @I am curious how you use the ST app in your restaurant application? 

Clausentumboy
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Soundtouch App for iPad not working

Whilst the App works OK on my iPhone, it does not work now on my iPad, since the last OS Upgrade. The screen is white with the small Soundtouch Logo in the centre. The wheel keeps searching but does not open the App. I have deleted on the IPad, rebooted, signed out and back, but cannot get it to control my speaker.