Lorne
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

SoundTouch App v 26.0.0 bug

Recently the SoundTouch application on my iPad no longer completes its launch, stalling on the white screen with the SoundTouch symbol.  Software for the iPad is up to date (version iPadOS 14.0) and I removed / re-installed the Bose SoundTouch application (version 26.0.0).  I am wondering if the problem is the most recent version of the application (4 days old).  Similar report by oakvilleadvisor on Apple AppStore.  

Albert5700
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Re: Sound Touch App Won't Load

Rickatk,

While we are waiting for the new version ......

Is there a setting such that I don't have update the SoundTouch App, but rather gives me the choice?

What is your opinion on allowing the user to revert back one level? This would allow users to weed out other problems, and give the backend team more info. As it is now we all have to troubleshoot it ourselves.

Let's see:

power off/on Bose Equipment

power off/on WiFi Router

power off/on iPad

uninstall/install application

research forums

rinse and repeat

vent frustration (My current step)

An another opinion: Current applications spend way too much time on fluff, the user interface, emoji's, the frontend, the things that impress the kiddies. When they should be developing a robust backend interfaces and functionality. 

Ian B
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2018

Re: Sound touch app quit working

Me as well just updated to ios14 no soundtouch just a spinning wheel. Will try using phone.

LFH
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

My IPAD with iOS 13.7 Sound Touch app was working fine until Bose sent a request for an update several days ago. The update appeared to be brief while being installed. Thereafter, the Sound Touch app no longer opened. Before realizing what had happened, iOS 14 was then installed, but the app was not opening already, and has continued to be non-functional since even with uninstalling and reinstalling with access to local network allowed.

The 9/18 memorandum at the beginning of this very long series of grievances from Bose customers I found troubling as it appeared to imply that all problems with opening the Sound Touch app on IPAD had been resolved if only proper procedures are followed. This could not be further from the truth. It is paramount that Bose correct this problem promptly otherwise their excellent reputation may be tarnished long-term.

Raulf
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: Soundtouch App not working since update

iPad Pro - Bose SoundTouch isn’t working

Pops
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Re: Sound Touch App Won't Load

I agree with Rickatk. I'm am early adopter and spent a lot of time working with Bose on glitches - an infinite number of variables to consider. Fixing one thing causes other glitches and so on.

The app rarely goes down for long and I've got a number of other ways to get output where I want it. At the moment the app still functions on my iPhone and PC. I can use presets, Alexa voice control or the Amazon Music app (where the speakers show up as well). The only thing I wouldn't be able to do if the app didn't work anywhere is group my speakers, which I do heavily. 

I'm just an end user but I think the people at Bose do outstanding work. They've added a ton of functionality since I got my very 1st device and none of my Soundtouch devices have become obsolete for my use despite all the updates. Given all the functionality I still have I'm good with waiting for a fix rather than reverting to a previous version (but I get it if you have no way of using the device except for the app).

P4ran
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: Soundtouch App not working since update

I have the same issue, nothing but a white screen and a circling loading symbol.

Atorjun
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: My SoundTouch app on my IPad stopped working

My SoundTouch is not working too on my ipad. I can’t link all my speakers to broadcast our music.

OliverDumas
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

I hope the problem with the Ipad App will be fixed asap. At least Bose could acknowledge that there is a problem. But I guess it’s easier to let good paying customers get more and more frustrated that the product they bought does not work. 

abduke
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Can we please be notified when Bose finally fixes this? I’m tired of checking for updates every time I want to control my SoundTouch speakers.