Lorne
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Re: My SoundTouch app on my IPad stopped working

Same here - SoundTouch app does not work on my iPad.  My thinking is that this is the result of the last update made four days ago.  I have updated to latest software for the iPad and for SoundTouch.  No joy!  Hope to be able to go back to an earlier version of the app while waiting for an update of the app.

glkerns
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: New OS impacts for Bose Apps - iOS14 and Android 11

It has taken over 2 weeks to correct this problem?  Obviously not a high priority!!  Please notify me when I can use my Bose Soundtouch again!!!  Grrrr!!!!!!!

Groovemonkey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

I too have experienced the same problem as everyone else with the white screen and spinning wheel since completing to SoundTouch app update. Until Bose fix this problem I have had to complete a full restore of my iPad, restoring to a backed-up iCloud version prior to me completing the SoundTouch update. The pre-updated version of my app is now working again despite my iPad being updated to IOS14. Needless to say I will not be updating the app until I can see that Bose have released a new update that addresses this problem.

Artsoul
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: SoundTouch

Gday

i have had the same issue on my iPad Air 2

reached out to Bose with no luck

thanks for starting this as I thought I was the only one 

Albert5700
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Re: Sound Touch App Won't Load

Pops, I have a Bose SA-5 Amplifier. SoundTouch App is the only control interface and when it hangs the Amplifier is useless. 

Same question to you: Is there any reason that the Bose doesn't provide the user the capability to revert back to the previous level of the SoundTouch App?

Pops
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

Re: Sound Touch App Won't Load

Hey Albert, that's a good question I can't answer. Can you revert to a previous ios or Windows (probably but it's not for everyone)? I know I put up with iOS glitches until they're fixed...

I have an SA-4 and that round controller that I think I read isn't compatible with the SA-5. But I can send music to it with the Amazon Music app over wifi. I don't use itunes so not sure that's available there. Obviously Bluetooth is an option but you need to be in range. So there are options to tide you over. And again I can use Alexa to play on any ST device/(existing group) I have (it really works well). The only work around I wouldn't have if the app wasn't working on any of my devices is speaker grouping - I love my groups! I'm sure many listen to music from different sources than I do where not having to app available is problematic...

So I'm curious: Is your ipad the only device with the ST app? How did you listen to music?

MVanDerVries
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Want to add to the multiple “experiencing spinning rondel” posts, after the latest update to the Sound Touch app on iPadOS.  The iOS updated app works without issue.

Device Technical info:

iPad Pro 10.5” (2017) Model A1701, 512GB storage, running iPadOS 14.0 (18A373)
iPhone 8+ Model A1897, 256GB storage, running iOS 14.0 (18A373)

5F4633D9-93AC-497E-8DA7-449164EA6779.jpeg

Marccusters
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: My SoundTouch app on my IPad stopped working

I have the same issue on my iPad Pro,

but my iPad mini works fine.

pmmb
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Re: SoundTouch app not loading in iOS 14

I have the same issue. All my other apps see my speakers but not soundtouch. Have turned off all devices, reloaded etc..ect...disappointing. Nothing fro Bose!!!

Eve17
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch App Update Sept 2020

Same problem here. I updated the app to v26 before updating the iPad to iOS 14, so I thought it was because the IOS issue so I updated the iPad to IOS 14, but it still did the same thing, the app would not load after the initial Bose icon.