Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Bose SoundTouch Portable rebooting after starting Spotify playlist after 24.0.7 update

Hi everybody,

A few weeks ago I received an update on my Bose SoundTouch Portable which was (at a glance) very nice. The speaker still worked flawlessly until I tried to play a Spotify playlist from the presets. The speaker instantly resetted itself, and now keeps doing that every 20 minutes. Have tried a factory reset, reinstalling 24.0.7 via the update.stu and re-pairing to other accounts (and with different devices) but no luck. Have had this before on a different firmware, but after upgrading it stopped until I tried to play a Spotify playlist.

Therefore my question is: can I have a link to an old (pre-24.0.7) update.stu, which I can flash; after that I can update it via the SoundTouch application on my iPhone to 24.0.7. Then the speaker will work flawlessly. (If I never try to play via Spotify that is.)

Hopefully somebody has some old files laying around!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundTouch Portable rebooting after starting Spotify playlist after 24.0.7 update

Hey @koenheemskerk1,

That sounds quite unusual! Is the system completely restarting to the point where you're seeing a loading bar every time the issue happens?

Also, is it only exclusively happening when trying to play your Spotify playlist? Or have you encountered it from playing any other sources?

Finally, I'd recommend checking within the SoundTouch app to ensure everything is correct and you're definitely signed into your account. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch Portable rebooting after starting Spotify playlist after 24.0.7 update

Hey thanks!

Every time the issue happens a loading bar appears. When it is fully loaded it enters standby mode and is ready for another 20 (or so) minutes of media consumption.

As said, the issue started when trying to play a Spotify playlist, however, now persists system-wide. 20 minutes of Tune-In and the issue re-appears. 20 Minutes of another app and the issue re-appears.

First thing I've done is installing the SoundTouch app on my iPad and Mac, both with new accounts, but none of it has helped. I think reflashing the SoundTouch with older firmware and then re-upgrading it is the only option for this case..

Highlighted

That is very strange. Thank you for testing other sources of audio so we can narrow down the issue.

There will not be a way for us to revert to a previous firmware version, however, I want to make sure we've exhausted all possible troubleshooting before we take the next steps.

You mentioned trying a factory reset - have you tried a power cycle? Simply hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank.

Also out of curiosity, have you been able to play audio using the AUX connection? I think it'd be worth testing this and seeing if the system acts in the same way. Please update on what you find out!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Hi, also hapened the same to me: the system is rebooting an rebooting with any source!
Inclusive with the Bluetooth
I think the last update maybe its damage or something like that

Could you help me please !?

Thanks

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Hello,

I experience exactly the same problems.

I have in total 5 boxes, 1 x 30, 2 x 20, 2 x 10

Bose, please come up with a quick solution!

Now we are supposed to stay at home due to COVID-19 my sound system doesn’t work!

Best regards,

Erik from The Netherlands

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: Bose SoundTouch Portable rebooting after starting Spotify playlist after 24.0.7 update2

Hello,

I experience exactly the same problems.

I have in total 5 boxes, 1 x 30, 2 x 20, 2 x 10

Bose, please come up with a quick solution!

Now we are supposed to stay at home due to COVID-19 my sound system doesn’t work!

Best regards,

Erik from The Netherlands

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

I have exactly the same problem with ST 10s, 20, 30. Just had a ST 10 re-newed with Airplay chip. Rebooted and updated router and Unifi WLAN mesh - no change. With all the comments here seems urgent/big and needs update.