Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Bose SoundTouch ok with iPhone, not with iPad (or vice versa)

I have a SoundTouch Wave networked with several other speakers.  As I type this, my iPhone app is finding the whole network, no problem.  My iPad app, on the other hand, can’t find it at all.  The default on the app seems to be to reconnect the speakers, but the speakers are clearly connected just fine.  This happens a lot, and sometimes in reverse (iPad ok, iPhone not).  My wife has the same issue with her two devices.  Is there a better fix than the tedious reconnecting Instructions, since clearly connection is not the issue?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundTouch ok with iPhone, not with iPad (or vice versa)

Hello Jrg, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your Wave system on the SoundTouch app.

From what you've described, it sounds like there could be an issue with how your network is set up. The most likely culprit could be that you have the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands on your router synchronized. 

To remedy the problem, please visit this page to see our list of recommended network settings for SoundTouch speakers. 

Please give this a try and let me know how you get on. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!