Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Bose SoundTouch wifi not visible

I can connect to Bluetooth , and also connect to internet via Ethernet. However, when in setup mode, Bose isn’t even visible in the WiFi on the phone. 

it’s strange because it has been working for a few months, and suddenly one day stopped and now I can’t get it to connect!!

help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundTouch wifi not visible

Author Accepted Answer selected by jpitman

Hi jpitman,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please let me know which SoundTouch system you have? I you are unsure of the exact model you can check this using our Product Identifier.

What I would recommend doing to start is a reset of the speaker, for most SoundTouch systems you can do this by disconnecting them from the power for at least 1 minute, then plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot. Once it has restarted, try putting it into setup mode again and see if you can see the Bose setup network on your phone then.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by jpitman

Hi jpitman,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please let me know which SoundTouch system you have? I you are unsure of the exact model you can check this using our Product Identifier.

What I would recommend doing to start is a reset of the speaker, for most SoundTouch systems you can do this by disconnecting them from the power for at least 1 minute, then plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot. Once it has restarted, try putting it into setup mode again and see if you can see the Bose setup network on your phone then.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Hi

its a SoundTouch 20. I have tried the reboot several times and still no joy. The WiFi light is in solid amber aswell, even before putting it in set up mode

jake

Highlighted

Hi jake,

Thanks for the update!

As it's constantly showing the amber Wi-Fi light, but not broadcasting the setup network, what I would recommend doing next is a factory reset of the speaker. To do this, what you will want to do is press and hold the 1 and Vol - buttons together. A countdown will appear on the display and when this finishes you can release the buttons.

The speaker will reboot after and turn back on ready to connect to a network once the reset is complete, and you will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi network.

Let me know how this goes!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Just tried this and it restarted with solid amber light, and still isn’t visible. In the SoundTouch app it did ask me to connect to my wife, which I tried and every time I did it, it said it couldn’t connect to wifi network?!

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that! Please can you try the troubleshooting here and let me know how it goes?