Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

My Samsung 65NU8000 is setup for the Bose Soundbar 700 on HDMI 4 with ARC but my television does not recognize the HDMI Output.  Has been an intermitent problem since purchased this unit in Novemeber.  Since Sunday the Samsung system will not recognize it at all.  Bose tried to send an update today and the update froze then my unit stopped working.  Went to Bose they exchanged the unit but same issue of my Television not recognizing the HDMI connection for sound.  This is extremely frustration was with Bose tech support and was advised that they have from time to time exprenced issues with connecting with other system providers.  When I go with Optical I can no longer use my Samsung Remote to adjust volume like I did with the HDMI connection, have to only use Bose remote. Really need a perminent fix for the HDMI issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rhealmorin@ hotmail. Com

Rhealmorin@ hotmail. Com wrote:

My Samsung 65NU8000 is setup for the Bose Soundbar 700 on HDMI 4 with ARC but my television does not recognize the HDMI Output.  Has been an intermitent problem since purchased this unit in Novemeber.  Since Sunday the Samsung system will not recognize it at all.  Bose tried to send an update today and the update froze then my unit stopped working.  Went to Bose they exchanged the unit but same issue of my Television not recognizing the HDMI connection for sound.  This is extremely frustration was with Bose tech support and was advised that they have from time to time exprenced issues with connecting with other system providers.  When I go with Optical I can no longer use my Samsung Remote to adjust volume like I did with the HDMI connection, have to only use Bose remote. Really need a perminent fix for the HDMI issue

Try skipping the whole ARC/CEC tech and give the Samsung remote a try. The Samsung remote will operate your peripheral devices including your Bose Sound Bar if set up properly. I have a Samsung 8000 series TV. I plugged all my devices (Apple TV, Cable and DVD) into the TV via HDMI and control everything with the little very smart remote.

For speaker control run an optical cable from the TV to the Sound Bar. In expert settings on the TV select Dolby Digital audio out. On the home bar go into remote settings and select external speakers, that will give you control with the remote. Turn off CEC (confusing mess, for me anyway). Everything should work quite well. 

While you are at it, give the smart apps a try, I rarely use my other peripherals any more. Looking forward to iTunes coming to Samsung, probably in May.

Enjoy your Samsung TV and Bose speaker. Great setup!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rhealmorin@ hotmail. Com

Rhealmorin@ hotmail. Com wrote:

Try skipping the whole ARC/CEC tech and give the Samsung remote a try. The Samsung remote will operate your peripheral devices including your Bose Sound Bar if set up properly. I have a Samsung 8000 series TV. I plugged all my devices (Apple TV, Cable and DVD) into the TV via HDMI and control everything with the little very smart remote.

For speaker control run an optical cable from the TV to the Sound Bar. In expert settings on the TV select Dolby Digital audio out. On the home bar go into remote settings and select external speakers, that will give you control with the remote. Turn off CEC (confusing mess, for me anyway). Everything should work quite well. 

While you are at it, give the smart apps a try, I rarely use my other peripherals any more. Looking forward to iTunes coming to Samsung, probably in May.

Enjoy your Samsung TV and Bose speaker. Great setup!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

thank you very much for the information.  I had the bose hdmi unplugged for about 2 - 3 hours.  Hooked it back up and everything seems to work for the moment.  If the problem reoccurs I will definately try your solution as it appears to be a good one

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond back to my help inqury grately appreciated

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

This is a KNOWN issue with Bose and Samsung TVs. I have had 2x 300 and upgraded to the 700 and they both have the same issue. Bose KNOWS about the issues and there only solution will to be to use an optical. We obviously do not want to use an optical because we lose certain features. Only solution I have found is unplugging the sound bar and TV from the wall and the hdmi for about 10 seconds. Plug them back in and it will work again. It will last a few day or a few weeks and the cycle begins again. I have been dealing with this for 2 years and if I did not own several other Bose products I would of definitely switched to Sonos by now. By far superior technology that Bose continues to struggle to catch up with. Do not let them act like this is not a known issue, there are SEVERAL other post just like yours. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Same , I've just bought a Bose 700 Soundbar , surround speakers & Bass Module 700 and it won't run through my Samsung Q90 tv . I'm bloody pissed off - this is my first experience of Bose and I had high expectations . Frustrating & disapointing

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

From what I have been reading, it looks like Samsung has this same issue with its OWN soundbar. I don't think this is Bose's fault.