Highlighted
apurva23@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 factory reset

My bose system was working fine then i reset my wifi password and everything stoped working.

1) I wasn't able to update the password on Bose App so i decided to remove device and add again

2) After i remove try to search getting message product cannot found

3) Based on online suggestion i press -(volumne) button and back button to fix then its started blinking 6 light.

4) Now i m trying to reset it to factory setting by trying all the option provided on websupport site like remove battery, power off unplug etc but failed to reset

I called Bose support today and support guy send me pic on watsapp of same article which i already tried few hundred times and appreciate if someone can suggest easy way to reset devide back to factory settings

ps: I brought woofer as well 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 factory reset

Author Accepted Answer selected by apurva23@gmail.com

Hi Apurva23,

Thanks for coming back to us!

It sounds as if your remote has become unpaired from your SoundBar. 

I would recommend reconnecting the remote and trying again. The instructions below should help you in doing this:

1. Disconnect the soundbar from the Internet by removing power from the router that the soundbar is connected to. Before doing so, be sure all activity in the home requiring the Internet can be temporarily interrupted.
  2. On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action button (the circle icon) for five seconds.
    After 15 seconds, the remote and soundbar will be reassociated with one another.
  4. Reconnect power to the router.

Once completed try to pop it in set up mode and do the troubleshooting again. 

I hope this helps! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Apurva23, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

Firstly, I would recommend checking out this article here for connecting your Soundbar 700 to your network. (I apologize if this was the article you have previously been sent) 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support

apurva23@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hi,

I am unable to reset it to amber light, tried all option mention on almost all bose support article.

When i press tv icon and fwd button there is no response and 6 white light on remote click blinking.

Please advise if support team can reset it to factory setting based on Serial number.

Author Accepted Answer selected by apurva23@gmail.com

Hi Apurva23,

Thanks for coming back to us!

It sounds as if your remote has become unpaired from your SoundBar. 

I would recommend reconnecting the remote and trying again. The instructions below should help you in doing this:

1. Disconnect the soundbar from the Internet by removing power from the router that the soundbar is connected to. Before doing so, be sure all activity in the home requiring the Internet can be temporarily interrupted.
  2. On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action button (the circle icon) for five seconds.
    After 15 seconds, the remote and soundbar will be reassociated with one another.
  4. Reconnect power to the router.

Once completed try to pop it in set up mode and do the troubleshooting again. 

I hope this helps! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

fciarde
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Have the same issue of Apurva23, have actually changed house so I wanted to connect the soundbar into another wi-fi but for some unknown reason the remore got unpaired and cannot be used to go through the other steps. So I have a soundbar which cannot be detected by the bose app and a remote that does not connect to the sound bar in order to restore factory setting. Can you please help. Many thanks 

Hi there @fciarde and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had in controlling your setup and would be happy to advise here. Let's start by getting your remote paired back up 😊.

Firstly, please unplug your router to disconnect your product from the Internet and to prevent interference, then on the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and Left arrow buttons for five seconds to clear stored pairings in the remote.

Following this, on the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds, and wait 15 seconds for the remote and soundbar to pair. When paired, you can plug in your router again. (Note: It could take a couple minutes for the router to restart.)

Once the remote is re-paired, please try the factory reset again, and get this Soundbar paired back up to your new network.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or any updates for me!

Liam W - Community Support

fciarde
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Thank you very much for your quick reply Liam, very much appreciated. I have followed your instructions but I think the remote is not pairing again with the soundbar: after I press the action button for 5 seconds and wait 15 more to let the remote and soundbar to pair again, nothing changes: the remote keeps having the 6 top icons blinking once I press and button and the soundbar does not react. So from here I cannot proceed to the next steps of factory reset and network pairing. Any other ideas or tips. Many thanks.

Hi again @fciarde !

No problem, i'm glad to be able to help!

I'm sorry to hear that this is not pairing. I think there are 2 avenues we can take here!

The first would be to check that the remote and Soundbar have a line of sight to one another, and to check that there are no sources of interference near either the Soundbar or Remote. Such interference could be physical (e.g. your soundbar is inside a cabinet) or wireless (e.g. a wireless radio, Bluetooth device, etc.). Once sources of interference have been removed, please try the pairing again!

The other solution I can offer would be to directly connect your Soundbar to your new Wi-Fi through the Ethernet cable. You would then be able to go through setup on the app as normal, and select to add the remote back from the settings section there. When the remote was paired back up, you could either disconnect the Ethernet cable, factory reset your system and set this up on Wi-Fi, or you could continue using the Soundbar through Ethernet if you prefer.

Please give either/both of the above a try, and let me know how you get on 👍!

Liam W

fciarde
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Thank you very much Liam, the second avenue worked out very well. Great. Managed to have the soundbar connected to the Bose app.

Now, however, I cannot manage to pair the remote to the soundbar, followed the instructions, removed batteries than followed the instructions from the app, also tried to push both left arrow and volume button to clear pairings, nothing... maybe you have another tip here too to pair again the remote and soundbar? From there i should then be able to restore connection to the nexw wi-fi in the new house. Many thanks.

Hello fciarde, 

It's great to hear that you have managed to set up your Soundbar 700 in the Bose Music app. 

Let's try pairing the remote through the Bose Music app. To do this, please follow these steps:

• On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon 
     in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under the Universal Remote heading, select Advanced then select Pair New Remote. The soundbar will begin searching for the remote.
  • A battery will need to be removed and reinserted into the remote.
  • Once the remote is found, tap the Continue to complete the pairing process.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G