Highlighted
Rockdoc1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Bose Soundtouch 10 not connecting to Spotify Premium

I have several Soundtouch 10 speakers. They play XM and Pandora without issues. I cannot play from Spotify. I have a premium subscription. The Bose website says the 10's are compatible with only the free subscription? I use both a Samsung tablet and Samsung Android phone.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
lrdrw
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Re: Bose Soundtouch 10 not connecting to Spotify Premium

Hi there,

I am having a soundbar and Soundtouch 10 as well and experience the same issue since more or less 1-2 weeks. Before everything has worked fine - so it should be working. Even after reconnecting Spotify Account and reinstalling Soundtouch App it does not work. It looks as if it going to be played but then it just stops. 

Highlighted

Hello Rockdoc1 and lrdrw, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue. I have just tried this in the office and cannot replicate the issue. Please can I confirm a few things with you both: 

1. What device do you have the SoundTouch app running on and what firmware version is that device on? 
  2. Can you play audio via Spotify Connect? 
  3. When selecting the song you want to play, it will take you to the playing page. Are you then able to press the play button in the middle of the page and get audio? 
  4. If possible, please can you show me a screenshot of what you are seeing? 

I look forward to working together to resolve this. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
lrdrw
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Hi there!

my problem got finally solved by unplugging both Soundtouch devices for longer than 2 minutes. The Soundtouch 10 worked fine afterwards. The Soundtouch bar still had problems that when starting a song the possibility was very high that one song was not played in full.

A removal from the soundtouch app and adding once again helped for now.

The soundtouch app was running on iPhone 10 XR, Samsung S7, Samsung S10 and a Samsung tablet. With every device the problem was present.

I wasnt able to play via spotify connect, since the Soundtouch was running on the account of my wife.

It will take me to the playing page, while pressing play it did not start either. Just nothing happens.

Highlighted
Rockdoc1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

I was able to get it connected after doing an update and  and a restart the following day. I tried to reply earlier and I was not able to log in,

I appreciate the follow up!

Cheers