Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Bose Soundtouch 30 keeps restarting and when restarted error 4104 4101 1105

The system restarts and the clock disappears.  It is then attached to wifi without issue.  When I open the soundtouch app I get the error 4004 can't get update.

Also I can't access Amazon music error 1105.

Presets don't work either.

I have downloaded update and used usd to update speaker.  But no joy.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: Bose Soundtouch 30 keeps restarting and when restarted error 4104 4101 1105

Facing the same issue, SoundTouch 10, 30 and 300.

Control panel irresponsive, then reboot, very annoying.

Highlighted

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into an issue with your SoundTouch systems restarting unrequested. 

To @Timbo71, you're looking to update your system I'd recommend taking a look at the Bose article HERE. This should run you through how to perform the update via USB - let me know how you get on with that!

To @OOkai, are you getting the same errors as Timbo71 described? Have you tried plugging your SoundTouch units into a different power socket/strip? Did all of your systems run into the reboot issue around the same time? Feel free to check the link I posted in the section above to run through the update process also.

I look forward to hearing back - let me know how things go.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Sam

Thanks for replying to my post.

I have already successfully updated the Soundtouch 30 with a USB.

I also have two 10's, 1 20 and one wave.... on the same network. These appear to be ok.

However, when I start the soundtouch app I get error can't find update 4004, can't remember exact number.

When I try to play Amazon music I get 1005 Can't remember the exact number.

Tim

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Sam

To confirm

Amazon Music

We can't connect to that music service right now. Please try again later (4101)

Preset radio station

We cant play that right now. Please try again later (1005)

Now and Again

Update …. (4004)

Tim

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Re: Bose Soundtouch 30 keeps restarting and when restarted error 4004 4101 1105

Sam / Bose

I am seeing other users with 4004 issue on Soundtouch 30.

Any update on how I can fix these multiple errors 4004, 4101, and 1005 ?

Many Thanks

Highlighted

Hey Timbo71,

Thank you for keeping me up to date.

The error '4004' that you're encountering may be amended or handled by a reboot of your router. What I'd suggest is to disconnect your SoundTouch speakers from power, and then your WiFi router. Wait two minutes, plug the router back in, then plug in your SoundTouch speakers. You may notice an improvement there!

In regards to the Amazon playback issue, have you tried removing and re-adding your account?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Sam

Thanks for suggestion.

Unplugged Soundtouch 30, waited 2 minutes plus. Rebooted router.  Waited 5 minutes after rebooted.  Reconnected 30.  Wifi indicator on, clock on. Seems ok.

30 appears on app. All items seem available, NAS, Amazon, Tunein etc.  It is connected to network.  Connection great.

Tried to play music from NAS. 30 failed and rebooted itself, bar empty to full and only wifi indicator after that.  Now it is rebooting every 2 - 3 minutes.

Not available on app on phone, tablet or pc. Greyed out.

I did not get to the Amazon....for obvious reasons.

Highlighted

Hi Timbo71,

Thank you for letting us know that!

As the system is rebooting frequently, we do have a similar thread (here) discussing specifically the SoundTouch 300. It may be unrelated, but you are noting varying success with using the SoundTouch application.

As noted within that thread, it is mentioned that temporarily signing out of your SoundTouch account within the app, creating a new SoundTouch account, and "searching for speaker already on network" to reconnect the speakers back has had success for them.

Give this a try and see if you also have success with this! Once you have done please do also reach out to your local support team as we would love to investigate this further with you directly. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

The 30.

This did not work still get 4004, 4101, and no 1105 as it cleared all the presets.

I have two 10's, stereo. They work.

One 20, works

One Wave, works