Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Bose Soundtouch 300 and Tv Samsung 6 series (40)

Good Morning,

after working fine for almost half a year, the Bose Soundtouch 300 doesn't seem to recognize my Samsung Tv 6 series.

No matter how much i plug or replug the ARC, the remote control is not recognized by the device, i tried to reset it few times but it's not working.

Wait for a solution

A.R.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 and Tv Samsung 6 series (40)

Hi Jabato86, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that your Soundbar has randomly stopped working and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you are able to Bluetooth to the Soundbar or see it inside the Bose SoundTouch Application? Your TV may have updated cause the settings to change. Many TVs have a menu setting that allows audio to be sent to speakers other than the TV speakers. In the TV menu, navigate to sound settings and look for a TV Speakers or Audio Output option (or something similar). The TV speakers may need to be turned off and the output may need to be set to Fixed or External Speakers! 

If you also have another HDMI or Optical that you can test the connection with then please do this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other community members have any steps that they think would be helpful for this issue please do post them in this thread. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Hello,

I’ve tried both your procedure and the one in the video down here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYI7VaJFZs.

this one worked only in order to connect the sound from tv to soundbar, but now, the remote is like is not working.

Only the vol+ and vol- works, but it doesn’t allow to use Menu or navigate through channels. I tried to reinstall it with the normal procedure and to reset it as well, but it doesn’t work.

Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v=VNYI7VaJFZs Are you curious about the HDMI ARC feature built into your S...
Highlighted

Hello Jabato86, 

Thanks for reaching back out. 

I am happy to hear that the audio is back, now let's get this remote issue sorted for you. 

To start with lets try clearing the remote codes, to refresh the remote. To do this: 

1. On the remote control, press and hold a Source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release the button: The button that was held remains glowing.
  2. On the number keypad, enter 981: The source buttons flash to confirm.

After completing the above, can we please try and repair the remote by using the following steps: 

1. In the remote control code booklet included with your system, find the code for the brand you want to control.
  2. On your remote, press and hold the source button of the device you want to control (TV, AUX, CBL/SAT or DVD) until all six source buttons glow.
  3. Release the button so only the button you held glows.
  4. Enter the code for the device brand, then and press the VOL + button.
  5. Check if the remote controls the device:
    • For TVs, try the Channel buttons, then press Menu and try browsing with the Arrow buttons
    • For cable/satellite boxes, press the GUIDE button and try browsing with the Arrow buttons
    • For DVD/Bu-ray players, press the GUIDE button and try browsing with the Arrow buttons
    • For game systems, try browsing with the Arrow buttons
  6. If the code works, press EXIT to save your settings.
  7. If the code does not work, press VOL + to select the next code for the brand, then repeat step 5.

Some great tips when doing this are: 

• Some brands have many devices, so you might need to try a number of codes before finding one that works.
  • Some features of certain devices might only be controllable by the device remote.
  • If the six source buttons on your remote blink three times, there are no additional codes for the brand.
  • If the source button on your remote turns off, it is not in programming mode. Return to step 2.

All available remote codes can be found here. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.