Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex F
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Bose Soundtouch App can't find my speakers

Hi I have 2 Soundtouch 20, 1 Soundtouch 10 and 2 Soundtouch SA-5. After opening the app most of the time it can't find some of my devices (it alternates finding one or another, never all of them) and even if they find they can't play properly an entire song and looks like it is slow to respond any command (pause, skip, etc..).  My 2 amplifiers SA-5 have Ethernet connections to my router and the app cant find they as well. I've reset to factory settings and reconnect many times and it is still having the same issues.

17 REPLIES 17
Sam_F

Re: Bose Soundtouch App can't find my speakers

Hey Alex,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing difficulties using your SoundTouch systems. Has this always been the case? have you changed your router in the last year or so?

Have you tried rebooting your router? Try unplugging it from power for two minutes and then re-connect, you may notice an improvement in quality.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Alex F
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

same router and unplugged as well. I cant even reconnect some speakers. Some of them are available on the app but when it plays spotify it stops and I cant listen to an entire song.

eluxsoysal
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I’m having same issues with my sound touch 10,20 and 30 as well as my bar 300. What’s going on with the app? Soon as I goto name the speaker in the app in drops connection and says can not connect speaker at this time try again.

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us!

Do you have a dual-band network? 

Do you have any WiFi extenders or boosters in your listening space?

Have you tried a different music source?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Alex F
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Yes I have a dual-band wifi, nothing has changed in the last 3 years. My amplifiers SA-5 are connected to the router using a Ethernet cable and they have the same issues as my soundtouch 10 and 20's. My setup is the same for a couple of years and these issues started a couple of months ago.

Alex F
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

and yes I tried amazon music.

Jessie_O

Thank you for coming back to us! 

Do you have any boosters or extenders? 

I would recommend removing the application and reinstalling. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Alex F
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

I do have one extender. It is not working even on the SA-5 connected to the internet via wire and I stand in front of my router (perfect wifi connection) to use the app and I have the same issues. Do you mean delete the soundtouch app and re-install?

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming that!

I would recommend unplugging the extender for now and deleting the SoundTouch app and re-installing it. 

Let me know!