Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Bose Sountouch speaker 10 .. the IP address in the alternate method of connection doesn't work

I have a Bose Soundtouch speaker 10.  I'm having trouble connecting.  I've investigated 2 articles on the alternate method of connection.  Both do not work because the IP addresses given for the soundtouch WIFI setup don't work.. these are 192.168.1.1 and 192.0.2.1  DoIes anywone have an IP address that works? I've used the alternate method to add my kitchen speaker and was able to access the soundtouch WIFE setup using 192.0.2.1 and do a successful setup.   This IP address no longer works.  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose Sountouch speaker 10 .. the IP address in the alternate method of connection doesn't work

Hi Jaxxfaure, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing issues with an alternative set up with your SoundTouch 10. I'd be happy to assist you as best I can. 

I can confirm that the IP address 192.0.2.1 is the correct address for the SoundTouch 10. If you are experiencing issues connecting I would recommend trying a different device. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Re: Bose Sountouch speaker 10 .. the IP address in the alternate method of connection doesn't work

Thanks for responding.  I have tried to connect to IP 192.0.2.1  from 2 devices and the server on your end keeps dropping the connection.  I want to reiterate that I have connected before to this server at 192,0,2,1  and successfully added another speaker device 10.   Frankly I think the problem is on your end and that your server needs to be rebooted.   

Highlighted

Hi Jaxxfaure, 

Thank you for your response. 

I have just tested the IP address here and all appears to be working.  

What devices are you using? Make sure you do not have Wifi Assist activated. 

Alternatively, I would recommend factory resetting the SoundTouch 10 by pressing holding the 1 and - buttons for 10 seconds. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2019

The two devices that I've used 

so far are IPhone and IPad .. neither have Wifi assist activated.  I have connected very sucessfully a soundtouch 10 speaker by using my Iphone and the IP address (that I cannot access now) and following the alternative setup approach.  I will try the reboot.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Hi.. 

I'm used an iphone to get to the input screen at 192.0.2.1.  I used the Safari browser and Google chrome browser on it to try and connect to the screen. When I connected to the IP, for my other speaker 10, I used my iphone and the Safari browser. 

I also tried the Safari browser on my Ipad. No luck. 

I will try the factory reset. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

I found a way to connect through wifi after new firmware update.

i struggle to setup for 2 days and tried all sort of possible solutions. I found this work for my iPhone.

1) initial factory reset (pressing 1 + volume-)

2) go to app, add speaker

3) back to SoundTouch speaker select Bluetooth

4) after selected Bluetooth, initial wifi setup (pressing 2 + volume-)

5) Go to iPhone wifi setting, Select speaker in wifi list

6) go to app input your router name and password 

7) speaker’s wifi indicator turn solid white and SoundTouch indicator turn orange,

😎 go to iPhone wifi setting choose router to receive internet data

9) go back to app to complete the rest

I tried to connect speaker for few hours, somehow I won’t work until I switch to Bluetooth and pressed wifi setup (2 + volume-) again, it works. I tried 2 times and worked.