Highlighted
danbwest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Bose companion 50 Speakers and Soundtouch Link Adapter

Hi,

I have a set of Bose Companion 50 speakers connected to my PC, which I would like to make part of my Soundtouch Network of speakers.

I understand that just downloading the Soundtouch App on my PC will not make this possible...However, I have purchased a Soundtouch Link adapter.

I am just unsure how to go about connect the device up. Do I link the adapter directly to the speakers or to the PC?

If I directly add them to the speakers (that are USB'd to my desktop) will they still work on the PC.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts.

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose companion 50 Speakers and Soundtouch Link Adapter

Hi danbwest,

Thank you for posting. I would be happy to help with this.

How we would go about connecting the Wireless Link Adapter to your setup will depend on how we are trying to use it. 

Are we looking to get audio from the computer playing to your other SoundTouch speakers? Or are we looking to get the audio from the SoundTouch app playing through the Companion speakers? 

The Wireless Link Adapter has the option to take an AUX-in and rebroadcast to other SoundTouch speakers or use and AUX out to play SoundTouch sources, to non-SoundTouch speakers.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
danbwest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi Keith,

Initially it was to use the sound touch app to play music out of the companion speakers.

However if you could give me instructions for both methods you stated that would be brilliant.

Merry Christmas.

Daniel

Highlighted

Hi danbwest,

That's quite alright, both methods should be relatively simple. 

I'll start with getting SoundTouch app audio into the Companion speakers.

To do this, we would want to connect a 3.5mm jack cable from the "Audio Out" port on the Wireless Link Adapter, to the AUX-In port on the control pod for the companion speakers.

Sending audio from the computer into the Wireless Link Adapter, basically involves reversing that connection.

You would want to connect the cable from the Headphones port on the Companion control pod, to the AUX-In port on the Wireless Link adapter.

At that point, if you set the link adapter to AUX mode in the app, and create a group from it, you can play that audio to your other SoundTouch systems.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Kind regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.