Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Bose soundbar 300 bluetooth connectivity question

Hello Bose community!

I have a Soundbar 300 that I want to connect to a Pro-Ject Essential III Bluetooth turntable (https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/essential-iii-bluetooth/)

The truntable has a BT button that you can press for it to broadcast its BlueTooth identifier. When pressing that button, I can see it in my phone's BT menu.

The Soundbar 300 can also be discovered if I go in the app and tell it to connect to a BT device. I can also see it from my phone.

But my question is... How can I connect the two?!

The challenge is that both of them are discoverable, but none of them can discover other devices 🙂

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Re: Bose soundbar 300 bluetooth connectivity question

Author Accepted Answer selected by BogdanR
Hi Zoe,

Thanks for your message.

The solution you suggested would work fine. However, I found a wireless way of fixing it.

What I did was to add my Alexa in the mix, and connected d it to both the soundbar and the turntable via Bluetooth.

This did the trick 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BogdanR,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your devices. I would be more than happy to offer some help to try to get them to connect together, I would recommend clearing the pairing list of both products and doing a reset on the Soundbar 300.

To clear the soundbar's pairing list:

• On the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until the soundbar's Bluetooth indicator blinks white twice and a tone is heard

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

• Turn the soundbar off

• Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet

• Wait 30 seconds

• Reconnect the power cord

• Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

After looking at the product specs I see that there is an RCA connection which could potentially be used instead to connect the two devices, there are some great pointers in this community thread that might help you with connecting through RCA. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by BogdanR
Hi Zoe,

Thanks for your message.

The solution you suggested would work fine. However, I found a wireless way of fixing it.

What I did was to add my Alexa in the mix, and connected d it to both the soundbar and the turntable via Bluetooth.

This did the trick 🙂

View solution in original post