Highlighted
b.avinash@rediffmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

Bose soundbar 500 + bass 500 unable to connect to wifi/mobile app

Hi,

just a day before i brought soundbar 500 + bass module. I setup the system using Bose music mobile app and it was working perfect till 2 hours before this post. We were watching movie and suddenly It stops. When I checked the system was off. I tried to turn it on through remote but no luck then I unplugged the power and put it back but still no luck. This time it turns on with while solid light. No music, no response, it shows unavailable on the app. I turned off the router multiple times but the solid white light didn't go. Remote was unresponsive. not sure what happens. I will check with check with Bose representative tomorrow, I am not happy with the system setup and the troubleshooting guide. It's very complicated for sound system to troubleshoot.   

I already tried to troubleshoot as follow -

1) unplugged power so many times.

2) tried to setup from some other mobile through Bose music.

3) reset wifi router multiple times

4) tried to connect through Ethernet

first of all what is this solid white light. Bose says, it is connected to wifi but my wifi network does not show the soundbar.

please let me know if anyone experienced the same issue and the solution to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose soundbar 500 + bass 500 unable to connect to wifi/mobile app

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Soundbar 500 and Bass Module 500. 

If you haven't already, may I suggest the following: 

- Test using a different HDMI or Optical cable. 

- Test using a different television

- Try pairing a smartphone/media device via Bluetooth to see if you can hear audio. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

b.avinash@rediffmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

Re: Bose soundbar 500 + bass 500 unable to connect to wifi/mobile app

Thanks, Jeff for your response.

I called Bose call center and they said its a software issue. it needs repair. The guy suggested exchanging with another unit. I exchanged it with the new unit. This time I called Bose for assistance to set up and during setup they said, the software crashed while updating the system and have to send for repair. It was completely frustrating. I never imagined that the Bose soundbar will have these many issues. finally, I gave up and returned it. 

Ideally, the sound system should be plug and play. even if there are software or firmware issues, it should have a mechanism to update connecting to the laptop. Bose was kept telling me they can not do much as it needs a repair.

Thanks,

Avinash