Dhruvdg
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Bose soundtouch 10 AUX IS NOT ALWAYS ON

Dear BOSE,

I am having problems with connecting my ALEXA ECHO INPUT with BOSE soundtouch 10 speaker via AUX Cable as the speaker goes into Sleep mode after 20mins. Can you rectify this thing or tell users any method to customise this as this is a very annoying feature for AUX input.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose soundtouch 10 AUX IS NOT ALWAYS ON

Hi Dhruvdg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

The SoundTouch 10 speakers have an Auto-off power saving mode which means that the speaker will go into standby after 20 minutes of inactivity. This is not a setting that can be switched off I'm afraid. You will need to turn the system on if you wish Alexa to answer through the SoundTouch 10. This feature is true for all sources of the SoundTouch 10 and is not limited to the AUX input. 

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

JoeGro
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Not being able to disable the power saving mode on the ST 10 has been a problem amongst the community for a couple years now. I have just been reading through countless threads about getting it disabled. The amount of times I have seen a member from community support say "this issue has been passed onto engineering" and yet almost two years later there has been no update to disable this mode or even a reason as to why that feature cannot exist. It is very disappointing. I bought my ST 10 in a bundle with an Alexa echo dot as it was advertised to work perfectly with it. Yet I cannot use simple key features like timers or alarms, because the speakers don't stay on.

Would you please again pass this issue onto engineering, but this time try to make sure that it does get looked at. Having a disgruntled community over such a small fix is a massive let down for Bose. If no real attempt is made to acknowledge the feedback from the community, I will for sure not be buying or recommending any more Bose products and I know I won't be the only one.

Thanks.
Princeau99
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Hi Dhruvdg

Bose dosn't care that you are upset about the 20 time out, just look at all of the responses over the last two years. I suspect that the auto time out is probably a response to EU power efficiency requirements. (too bad for the rest of us as they don't want to make 2 versions of the same product.)

However if you connect your Echo Dot to the S10 by Bluetooth it should stay on indefinitely. I think the echo Dot sends a background signal that keeps the connection live, but only works on bluetooth.

decarlod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

The Windows app now has a setting for this.

Bose Always On Aux.JPG

Glenn_london
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 10, 2017

The recent IOS update allows you to do this.