Wsteenstra
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Bose soundtouch 300 and 30 drop wifi connection every couple minutes

Since the latest update both my speakers constantly lose WiFi connection or stop playing music from Spotify. 

I know that my WiFi isn't the problem since the soundbar is connected through ethernet.

Every couple minutes the speakers just stop and sometimes it resumes after a 10 sec delay. 

It is so bad now that I stop using my €1500 speakers to play my music because a €80 Bluetooth speaker gives a better listening experience!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose soundtouch 300 and 30 drop wifi connection every couple minutes

Hi @Wsteenstra,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the troubles you've had with the intermittent cut out of audio whilst streaming with our systems. I want to get things working great for you again.

You mentioned only noticing the issue since the latest update - in firmware update 23.0.12 there was a dedicated fix for a similar issue. Have you been into the SoundTouch app to check that you're speakers are up to date? You will be prompted with any available updates when you open the app.

Also, are you playing Spotify through the SoundTouch app Spotify service, or through the Spotify app itself?

Although you are connected through ethernet on the soundbar, it may be worth rebooting your router to address any relevant issues. Simply unplug the router from power and leave unplugged for one minute before connecting back to power.

Let me know if things improve for you.

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Wsteenstra
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Re: Bose soundtouch 300 and 30 drop wifi connection every couple minutes

Thank you for responding. 

However I contacten customersupport and it seemed I had te reset my fouter to factor settings.

All suggestions you supposed I tried myself. But I am glad it's fixed now.