Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Bose soundtouch 300 optical port not usable

Hello, 

I bought a Soundtouch 300 soundbar with subwoofer and speakers around a year ago, and have been using it with my TV through bluetooth connection. 

I recently got a fiber optic cable to connect it directly, but the cable does not get stuck in the port on the Soundtouch 300, it just doesn't click in and stays loose, so it doesn't work for audio. The same cable connects well in the Samsung TV optical port (the same cable head clicks in there perfectly). 

I think the optical port on the Bose Soundtouch 300 is physically defective. How do I get this fixed or replaced? Where can I get Bose technician support? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose soundtouch 300 optical port not usable

I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly suggestion, however I've seen many people have this problem where it doesn't click in, and it could be a simple solution.  It's more likely to be the cable than the port on the soundbar.

Check the end of the optical cable to see if there is a plastic cap over the optical "end". (you'd be amazed how many people don't see this and try to force it in the port).
If that doesn't work I would try a different cable

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Yes I tried several cables, it's definitely the socket on the back of the soundbar

Highlighted

Hey Firo, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to the Community for support. I'm sorry to read that you aren't able to use the optical port on your Soundbar. 

I'd also like to thank Morlock for their suggestions! As the issue still persists, I would recommend exploring service options for the Soundbar via reaching out to our customer support team. To do this please select your region here and scroll to the Contact Us page. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!