Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnowitz
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Can I daisy chain an SA-4 amp?

Can I daisy chain an SA-4 amp with older SA-3 and SA-2? My goal is to add multiple stereo pairs to my ourdoor space. 

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Can I daisy chain an SA-4 amp?

Hey dnowitz,

That's a great question! I hope you've enjoyed your Bose amplifiers so far!

In regard to your query, you won't be able to daisy chain the amplifiers together as you're describing. However, you can connect an older SoundTouch adapter to each amplifier and connect them to the SoundTouch app (but we no longer retail the older SoundTouch Adapter). Or, you could group your SA-3 and SA-4 using a SoundTouch Wireless Link as these two amplifiers have auxiliary inputs. This would allow you to connect both the SA-3 and SA-4 to the SoundTouch app to group the amplifiers and play audio across all connected passive speakers.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bartlowj
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

@dnowitz Yes you can by using the Boselink A cable, but all amps act as a single zone. 

A6C6B751-50FB-4158-91AA-7DE27B52BC14.png

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@dnowitz wrote:

Can I daisy chain an SA-4 amp with older SA-3 and SA-2? My goal is to add multiple stereo pairs to my ourdoor space. 

@dnowitz Skip all of that, get yourself a Bose Portable speaker. That is the cleanest way to take your music out to the patio these days.  

dnowitz
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

thanks, what is the old soundtouch adapter called, which will work with an SA-2? Maybe I can find it on ebay. 

It sounds like I can added the adapters to each amp (if i can find the right soundtouch adapters), and then use the soundtouch app for each adapter. 

I see another response stating i can use a boselink A as well between two SA-4's, with a single soundtouch adapter. Does that only apply to SA-4?

Any news on newer protocol adapters coming out? I hear soundtouch is the older system. Not sure i should be investing much there. ..

bartlowj
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

@dnowitz Yes I have my SA-4 daisy chained to a SA-3.