Netgyrl
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Can a Sony KDL55EX500 TV work with Soundtouch 300?

Bose product name: Soundtouch 300

Firmware Version: 26.0.1

App Version: 26.0.5

I have tried both HDMI Arc and Optical and I can't get either to work with my Sony KDL-55EX500 TV.  Has anyone been able to get these two devices to work together successfully?

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L

Re: Can a Sony KDL55EX500 TV work with Soundtouch 300?

Hi Netgyrl,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I've taken a look into your TV, and to use your soundbar with this TV you would need to use the optical cable as it does appear that the TV does not support HDMI-ARC.

When you have connected the soundbar with the optical cable, you do also need to make sure your TV is set to use the optical cable as the output rather than its own speakers. To do this you need to use the Sound settings page on the TV and navigate to Speakers, then select Audio System

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Netgyrl
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Hi Keith,  That is great news I really hope we can get this working.   I have done all that and still get no sound through the soundbar.  Next steps?

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this! 

Are you able to get any audio from the Soundbar when streaming audio to it via Bluetooth or a wired connection? 

I would also like to know if you were able to locate and adjust the settings at all? 

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!