Highlighted
TheDon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Can a Sound Touch Wave stream regular radio?

Recently bought a Sound Link without researching before that it could not pair with my Sound Touch Wave. I understand the logic behind it, that one uses WiFi and the other Bluetooth which will not necessarily go hand in hand. I am planning on returning the Sound Link to exchange for a Sound Touch 10 as this (I think) will pair with my Sound Touch Wave.

#1 Is that the case? Are these compatible? I assume so, and both would be on the sound touch app and I could stream music through them.

#2 Will they only work for streaming services? For example if I wanted to toss on AM/FM radio through my Wave I assume that will not work with the 10. I know that CD's cannot be played through both for example.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Can a Sound Touch Wave stream regular radio?

1.  Yes the Wave Soundtouch can link to the ST10 for multi-room playback

2. Only streaming media (from BT or Wifi) will play over both devices however that could include internet radio.  So you can still get radio over both, but it will use some of your download quota.

Re: Can a Sound Touch Wave stream regular radio?

Hey TheDon, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

What @Morlock has said is indeed correct. Also, CD, AM and FM audio cannot be grouped to other speakers - including the SoundTouch 10.

The great thing is, that much like with your SoundTouch Wave system, you will be able to stream your favorite stations via WiFi. You can check your favorite station is available on TuneIn here

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support