ahintze94
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Can't connect SoundTouch 300 to apartment wifi network

I live in an apartment complex that handles our WiFi network. The way the network works is when connecting a new device, I enter the general password and then get redirected to a community specific login page from Charter/Specturm to enter the username and password designated to my specific apartment. I am trying to connect my SoundTouch 300 to the network, however within the Bose app it is telling me that the general WiFi password is incorrect even though I know I have entered it correctly. In order to connect other devices (like my TV) I've had to login to Charter's backend system to enter the device's MAC address which bypasses the whole login thing. I am unsure how to do this with the speaker, and articles I've found online say I need to already be connected to WiFi to find the MAC address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L

Re: Can't connect SoundTouch 300 to apartment wifi network

Hi ahintze94,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network and I would be happy to help with this.

It is possible to find the soundbar's MAC address without having it connected to a Wi-Fi network, so we may be able to connect in a similar way to how you connected your TV.

There are a couple of ways of doing this, the first would be with a USB connection to a computer. We would want to connect the soundbar to the computer using a USB to Micro USB cable then:

• In the SoundTouch computer app, begin the setup process.
  • When you reach the "Connect to home Wi-Fi network" screen, choose "System Information" to view the system's MAC address

You can also get this information wirelessly. To do this we would need to:

• Put the soundbar into setup mode - Press the SoundTouch button on the remote, then press and hold number 9 until the Wi-Fi indicator turns solid amber.
  • On a device that can connect to Wi-Fi, find and connect to the SoundTouch Wi-Fi network
  • Once connected open a browser and go to - 192.0.2.1:8090/info
  • The page this loads will have the MAC addresses for the soundbar listed

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!