nightrave
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Can't connect soundtouch 10 to app

Hi there. Purchased the soundtouch 10 yesterday. Plugged in, downloaded the soundtouch app on android and was able to add the speakers to my Wifi via that. I can play spotify via spotify connect, I can play music via bluetooth, but I can't add speakers to the soundtouch app. It just says "can't find speakers". I tried resetting the setup (2+vol -) or the entire thing (1 + vol-), I've tried manually upgrading via usb cable to the newest firmware - no luck. I've a mesh system with TP Link Deco M9 plus. Suggestions?

Tried via osx bose app - same results. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Can't connect soundtouch 10 to app

Hello nightrave, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you're unable to connect your SoundTouch 10 to the SoundTouch app. 

Thanks for already performing some troubleshooting, these were good first steps to perform. 

What do the LED's indicate on the front of your speaker?

Were you able to complete the set up process?

Do you receive any particular error codes alongside 'cant find speakers'?

Do let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Ransx77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Rather than answers, I have the same problem, only the 10 I am reconnecting after moving it and not being able to pick it up again. Now, I get all the way to the orange light on the right indicating it is connected, but I can't join it to the existing soundtouch group of 7. The button appears with the plus sign, and sometimes it will add, but no sound from the speaker.  Here's the kicker, if I open the app option for just that speaker, I can use it standalone, or even add other non-connected speakers to it. But I can't add it to the other group. Please advise.  

Highlighted

Hi Ransx77,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with your SoundTouch 10 and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, are you able to see the speaker in the SoundTouch app at all, or are you just unable to play the speaker as part of a group?

As you mention you have other SoundTouch speakers that aren't part of the 7 speaker group, are you able to add those speakers to this group at all? Or is it just the SoundTouch 10 that is unable to join the group? If no other speakers are able to join this group, you may find that this is your network causing the issue.

We do have some recommended router settings to optimize your network for using with SoundTouch speakers and I will post those below. you can try and set this up yourself, or if you would like assistance setting this up, you can contact your local support team and they can help you set your network up as well. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Recommended router settings for SoundTouch™ compatibility

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Ransx77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

-Yes, I can see it in the app, and the button to select it appears under the group leader, but when selected it acts like it's on board, but no sound. 

All seven of my other speakers play nice in a group where any one of them can lead the group and I can turn on and off all others. This reconnected speaker will only play nice if it is in charge. 

I can't see how it's a router setting as this speaker was working fine in its previous location. I simply unplugged it and moved it. When I couldn't reconnect, I tried reinstalling it and I changed the name to the new room. Still no love. 

Highlighted

Hi Ransx77,

Thank you for providing that extra information.

Do you by any chance have a dual-band router? From how you are describing this issue, it does sound like this could be caused by the speakers being on different Wi-Fi bands. 

On a dual-band router, you will have a 2.4GHz and 5GHz band, they can be set up to either use the same SSID/name, and allow the router to decide which band each device uses, or with separate SSIDs/names and manual control over which band is used.

If your router is using these bands under the same name and deciding which band each speaker should use, it is likely that the SoundTouch 10 could be on a different band to the other speakers, and this is causing the communication issues. In my experience, this is usually the cause when one speaker is unable to join a group.

I would recommend checking which band your speakers are using and making sure they are all on the same band. The easiest way to do this is by separating the bands and giving each band a different SSID.

Again, if you would like any assistance with this, our support team will be able to help with this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Ransx77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

That was a good thought. I use an EERO and as such the app shows me every connected device. For my BOSE Soundtouch speakers there is a mix of 5ghz and 2.4ghz amongst the currently active speakers.   Frpm that app I am able to get the hostname and MAC address. This unit is running on 2.4ghz. And the group host unit is running on 5ghz. So perhaps that is an issue, but again I have other units both 2.4 and 5ghz working fine as I write this.